dual motor fat bike but want /small/ front motor

hey, i know the chances of you replying is slime but thought why not give it a shot.
so im trying to build a dual 350w motor FATBIKE. my problem is i havent been able to find a small front motor. like the size of a bafang 310. can i use a motor classified as a "rear gear motor" in a front rim. i have been looking at other front motors, but scared they will not be wide enough for the rim and ill have problems. please get back to me or anyone with advise that can help

Im not quit to sure what the max voltage is.

What do you mean by dropout? or width? are you talking about the rim sizes?
the width of the rim is going to be 4"

I want to build dual fat tire motor bike with the same voltage and watts in a d from the motor. i woukd like to get the same rpm motor.

what motors would you suggest?

That is a reasonable setup!

You could just use them both together, or one motor at a time.

Could have one motor with a winding for say hill climbing, and the other motor for cruising. Meaning a low turn count motor for speed, and a high turn count motor for hill climbing.

Also, remember that there is a motor with 2 speeds, Xiongda or something like that.
More rare, is a motor with 2 windings.

I wouldnt pay too much attention to whatever the limit is, just dont go around being an a-hole and pissing people off.

My dual motor fat bike has a 350 in the rear and 250 in the front . I'm not much help to you other than it works good but not great for hill climbing , not enough motor . I'm thinking of disconnecting the rear and putting a BBSHD in it and keeping the front connected for sand and snow .

Many fat bike front forks have the same 135 mm wide as normal bikes rear motor. So the easy way to put a motor in front, is choose any rear motor, remove the freewheel, and run that.

Should be able to find a selection of rear 350w or less planetary gear type motors that you can put in front. If you do want great hill performance, or just great performance in deep sand, then a larger rear DD motor is what I would suggest. Finding that motor to fit in back, in the smaller 350w planetary motors, will be hard to do. The back is so wide, most motors won't fit. if you find one with long enough axle stubs, then you can just stack spacer washers till it fits. But again, that long axle rear motor may be very hard to locate, in the small motors.

Back