20KW 500AH/72v E Motorcycle

atechy

1 µW
My mission for my 2500KW E Motorcycle, is to turn it into the fastest e motorcycle I can make. I currently don't know the battery but when I figure it out I will update you guys. I wanted to post this to see if you guys had any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong or if I should get another battery, whatever it may be but all comments are grateful. I also want to see if there might be a reliable high motor out there that can I purchase but I do have one company in mind. Goldenmotors.com. Hopefully we can build this together but thank you for your time, and will update you more with what I find out. I believe I have a Yadea YD-EM172 but I'm not completely sure since it says 3000W motor but it has the same design and keys.

atechy said:
My mission for my 2500KW E Motorcycle, is to turn it into the fastest e motorcycle I can make. I currently don't know the battery but when I figure it out I will update you guys. I wanted to post this to see if you guys had any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong or if I should get another battery, whatever it may be but all comments are grateful. I also want to see if there might be a reliable high motor out there that can I purchase but I do have one company in mind. Goldenmotors.com. Hopefully we can build this together but thank you for your time, and will update you more with what I find out. I believe I have a Yadea YD-EM172 but I'm not completely sure since it says 3000W motor but it has the same design and keys.

Well with so few information about your project you won't get much help...

The only thing I can say is that 2500KW will be quite a challenge :lol:

Dui said:
atechy said:

Well with so few information about your project you won't get much help...

The only thing I can say is that 2500KW will be quite a challenge :lol:

Hey okay so I messed up LMAOOO :lol: but yea my motorcycle has a 2000W Hub Motor with a 72v32ah battery. So I did more research today and I figured out my motorcycle will need a Hub Motor which they usually only go up to like 8000W, but I did find one with 12000W Hub Motor, here is the link :http://www.qs-motor.com/product/qsmotor-12000w-17inch-in-wheel-hub-motor-with-6-0x17-rim/
So I was wondering I can use that since it wont be too much work to replace from my current one, but Im assuming I will need a new controller and batteries, Do you suggest any for long range and power?

atechy said:
Hey okay so I messed up LMAOOO :lol: but yea my motorcycle has a 2000W Hub Motor with a 72v32ah battery. So I did more research today and I figured out my motorcycle will need a Hub Motor which they usually only go up to like 8000W, but I did find one with 12000W Hub Motor, here is the link :http://www.qs-motor.com/product/qsmotor-12000w-17inch-in-wheel-hub-motor-with-6-0x17-rim/
So I was wondering I can use that since it wont be too much work to replace from my current one, but Im assuming I will need a new controller and batteries, Do you suggest any for long range and power?

Yeah, these motors are quite insane, but the price is insane too so you might want to consider that. What's your budget for that build?
Also, I'm not sure it will fit your swingarm. According to what I see on Google pictures, your bike seems to have 13 inches wheels, plus those rims are extra wide.

If you plan on using that motor then you'll need to change your controller and your battery too. That would take some serious controller and a crazy high discharge capable battery, so likely to be really expensive.

From my experience, a 2000W motor can take around 12KW reliably. I'm running my 2000W motor at 11KW for around 5 years now, still works perfectly fine. So either you keep using this motor and just throw a controller capable of delivering that kind of power, which won't be weak with such a small and lightweight bike, or you'll have to change both, but no need to be too crazy on the motor, 5-6000W should be plenty enough to go over 20KW with the appropriate controller.

Could you post some pictures of your ride?

atechy said:
I wanted to post this to see if you guys had any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong or if I should get another battery,
since we have no idea what battery you were going to get other than '72v 500ah', or really anything else about your project, we can't help you with that.

you're going to have to post explicit complete details about the entire project, including your exact goals, terrain, weather conditions, weights of you and project, acceleration expected, speed expected, range expected, budget, etc., before we can realistically help you figure out what to get to reach your goals.

if you won't give exact info we can't give exact info either.

motorcycle has a 2000W Hub Motor
if your scooter has only 2kw now, the frame probably can't handle ten times that power, without rebuilding at least the mounting area for the wheel, pssibly other parts of the frame.

with a 72v32ah battery.
just so you know, 500 / 32 = 15, so your new battery will weigh at least 15 times what your existing one does. since my 52v 40ah batery weighs almost 40lbs, then yours probably weighs 45lbs or mroe already.

15 x 45 = 675, so your new battery will weigh almost 700lbs.

it will also be very large, physically. if your existing batery is something like 2 feet by 1 foot by 1.5 feet, then the new one will be 15 times that volume. so if the old one is 3 cubic feet, the new one will be 45 cubic feet. let's say that's a cube, it'd be oover 3.5 feet on each side. that's a pretty big box. could be split up into secitons but it's a lot of space

if your existing battery is heavier or larger, then if the new one is of the same type it'll be heavier or larger by the same proportion. so you could actually have a 1000lb battery or more (car-sized).

at a guess your scooter itself probably only weighs about 150lbs right now, without you on it, maybe 200lbs.

you'll need a trailer to carry your battery, cuz your frame can't hold that weight.

you'll probably need a very large motorcycle, at least as big as a voyager or goldwing, with big side panniers, to hold that kind of weight. you may still need a trailer or sidecar to carry some of the battery.

amberwolf said:
just so you know, 500 / 32 = 15, so your new battery will weigh at least 15 times what your existing one does.

That was probably a typo, more likely to be 50Ah.
But yeah, more details and if possible accurate ones would be nice.

With only 50Ah, at 20kw with a 72v pack, that's 20,000 / 72 = 278 amps. If it's kept at that 20kw power demand, then it will use up the battery in around 10 minutes. If the 20kw is only a burst of power every so often, then it could last a lot longer.

Let's say it's only 10kw continuous, then that'd be 20 minutes of range (less if using bursts of higher power).

Depends on the speed desired, terrain, wind, weight, acceleration, aerodynamics of bike/rider, etc.

So, yeah, need a lot more details of the project and usage.

amberwolf said:
With only 50Ah, at 20kw with a 72v pack, that's 20,000 / 72 = 278 amps. If it's kept at that 20kw power demand, then it will use up the battery in around 10 minutes. If the 20kw is only a burst of power every so often, then it could last a lot longer.

Let's say it's only 10kw continuous, then that'd be 20 minutes of range (less if using bursts of higher power).

Depends on the speed desired, terrain, wind, weight, acceleration, aerodynamics of bike/rider, etc.

So, yeah, need a lot more details of the project and usage.

Yeah, that's very theoretical, in real life it's more like 70-80km of autonomy, around one hour, one hour and twenty minutes ride if riding "normally". At full blast, expect about 40-50km (based on my experience on a few builds around those kind of power/battery capacity).
You just can't ride at 100% all the time on open roads, plus the power demand is not constant on all the range.

Back