Most powerful scooter ever...or not

Outlawscooter

100 µW
Hello, I just picked up a Ezip 900 a couple days ago and joined up here because I’ve got a couple questions, or possible concerns. I will download the manual to it and read through as well. The batteries were completely shot. With 1 reading 7 volts at 2.4 cca and the other showing nothing at all. I replaced with a step up from 12ah to 15 ah. So anyway, this scooter has great reviews and people say it’s stronger than expected with a 240lb weight limit and 15 mph. I weight 220 lbs and it’ll only pull me downhill. My son at 80 lbs is riding it around the front yard just fine but has a touch of trouble pulling him back up (I was on a slight downhill grade on asphalt and it turned red and shut off). I’m just curious if this is expect for a discontinued 24 volt unit or should I see more out of it? Are the electronics similar to a golf cart in smaller scale? Weak motor or controller? What should I be looking into for weak spots?

How does it fair when on a mount and the wheel spins in the air? Are the brakes too tight and causing friction? Also, if you can get a meter on it, was the voltage drop when you apply full throttle and no one on it. Is it 36v or 24v and did you hook them up correctly? I'd start there

There's a thread here with a guy that custom built a scooter that does something like 60 or 70 mph on the trails. You might get called out on the thread title :mrgreen:

TheSiege said:
How does it fair when on a mount and the wheel spins in the air? Are the brakes too tight and causing friction? Also, if you can get a meter on it, was the voltage drop when you apply full throttle and no one on it. Is it 36v or 24v and did you hook them up correctly? I'd start there

I tried applying the throttle with the rear wheel off the ground and it takes off slower than expected. I thought these scooters were pretty torque and was at speed almost immediately with no load. I will try your advice and see about getting a meter on it, possibly at the battery and also at the motor. It’s 24 volt, hooked the batteries up the way the old ones were but that’s not saying they’re correct. Don’t think this one had rear brakes, only front.

If it's a 900 watt scooter, then don't expect much, especially up hills.. unless you weigh half as much! ( remember that this is designed for kids mostly )

There are things that can be done to boost the power, but keeping it stock? forget it..

neptronix said:
If it's a 900 watt scooter, then don't expect much, especially up hills.. unless you weigh half as much! ( remember that this is designed for kids mostly )

There are things that can be done to boost the power, but keeping it stock? forget it..
That’s good to know, and confirms one of my suspicions regarding over rated numbers. It does say made in China, and from experience it seems they rate everything they send out about 4 times what it actually does...LoL, so maybe I was expecting a bit too much. At least my son is having a blast on it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flat tire said:
Sounds like the scooter sucks.

Is this your personal review from owning one in the past or your attempt at being funny without adding any factual information to the conversation? It may very well suck but I’d like to at least make sure if it’s supposed to suck or not.

furcifer said:
There's a thread here with a guy that custom built a scooter that does something like 60 or 70 mph on the trails. You might get called out on the thread title :mrgreen:
LoL, no doubt...my other scooter does 202mph. Believe me? 😎

Outlawscooter said:
furcifer said:
LoL, no doubt...my other scooter does 202mph. Believe me? 😎

[youtube]Zd8DOx98FVQ[/youtube]

[youtube]w09-JTsj9Xw[/youtube]

He's doing 90km/h here, I don't think it's full out. Does yours have the same acceleration?

Looks like he did 1 helluva job on that scooter. Pretty sweet! If your asking about my 24v, ha no comparison. I sort of cheated with my other scooter though...it’s actually a bike. I did land speed racing for a number of years and brought in a couple records. Rained too hard today so I haven’t gotten a meter on the little one yet.

Outlawscooter said:
Looks like he did 1 helluva job on that scooter. Pretty sweet! If your asking about my 24v, ha no comparison. I sort of cheated with my other scooter though...it’s actually a bike. I did land speed racing for a number of years and brought in a couple records. Rained too hard today so I haven’t gotten a meter on the little one yet.

Yep, there are some crazy machines kicking around this forum. There is a 200 km/h hour Madass scooter, so I though maybe it was yours.

There definitely seems to be some sort of fault here. One of the boys went to ride earlier and said it kept cutting off (been charging overnight). So I finally got out here with a meter, however it’s got no juice at all now to the throttle. The power bar isn’t even lighting up. I took the battery out and they are reading a good 26+ volts. I stuck a meter into the charge port and again 26+ volts...until I flip the on/off switch to the on position and then it only reads 12 volts out the charge port. I thought maybe it cuts the voltage in half for this port only to charge the batteries, but then confirmed the charger is 24 volts...so now I’m a little stumped. I’d certainly be willing to bet it’s only been pulling 12 volts while running, as that power range would feel about right for what I’ve seen it do.

And on a side note...I see no place for this 40 amp fuse I keep seeing on the stickers. Back to the manual to see if I can determine where it should be, if it’s blown, or if it’s been bypassed.

Edit: found the controller and the fuse. Fuse was toast. Replaced and now the voltage shoots 26 through the charge port in both positions.

Just got the everything back in order and put a meter to the motor. It’s shooting over 25 volts to the motor so that seems to eliminate any issues through the controller. Leaves me to think 1 of 2 things...either the motor is weak, or I was simply expecting too much from it and it is what it is, but to be honest I believe it pulls a lot better after reassembly and a good cleaning of the rear end.

Outlawscooter said:
flat tire said:
Sounds like the scooter sucks.

Is this your personal review from owning one in the past or your attempt at being funny without adding any factual information to the conversation?

I think you answered your question. But I have experience with those scooters. Going 36v with the batteries could help, replacing the controller with 36v might help, but it will never be a great scooter. If your particular scooter has a front brake, sigh in relief. If it has one of the better rear brakes, hey, it's getting good.

It's as simple as it gets, no comparison to a golf cart. Closer to kids toys. I see smaller people with the 750w and higher getting up some hills, but I'm 200 pounds and it's just not up to it for me.

I recommend meathooks. You can get a little medal rod at the hardware store or find something else to stick through the frame at the front and you'll feel better with your feet on that. Garage sale 16" bikes for $5-10, some you can swap the forks and front wheel, better hanndling. If I had ever found some tall butterfly bars I'd have tried it out.

Still won't be a great bike but you could give you know who the finger.

Back