Damon motorcycles

boars

100 W
https://damonmotorcycles.com/

Looks like a fairly new (~2years) Canadian company is making some interesting stuff in the realm of bike awareness, using radar, cameras and all the stuff you see on the fancy electric cars these days. Also adaptive bars and rear-sets looks particularly cool.

I've always wanted the ability to have my bars tuck in for lane-splitting or such - although looks like only up/down on these ones so far.

[youtube]pm6UkHvUh4Y[/youtube]

[youtube]iUWZf_IAFp0[/youtube]

Article that I first noticed these guys from: https://motorbikewriter.com/damon-electric-bike-transforms/

And you can now pre-order one for a low low price of 25,000 ([strike]I assume [/strike]USD[strike]? it is a Canadian company though?[/strike])

0-60 MPH: < 3 Seconds
Range: 200+ miles * (combined hwy + city)
Charge Time: < 3 hrs @ Level 2
CoPilot: Standard (Assume this is referencing the situational awareness sensors/alerts stuff)
Shift: Standard (?? has a shift? does it even require one ??)
4G connectivity: Standard
Camera: 2 X 1080P --- this should be handy!

* Configurations are base on USA specfications. 200+ range is estimated using the SAE J2982 "on highway electric motorcycle range standard" and references a mix of highway and urban cycle. Straight 70mph highway range is ~161 miles. Straight 60mph highway range is estimated at 201 miles. Global specifications will be issued at a later date.

---

It's awfully tempting to drop a deposit on one of these.

Edit: and if you go to purchase one, you can see that the prices are unsurprisingly all in USD :(
Which is a bit of a shame for the affordability of this nice bike, probably won't be seeing many of these around too soon.
Not that I've sighted a production date at this stage either.

At 60 mph it's got 200 miles range, and if at best it managed 80 Wh/mile, that's a 16 kWh battery.
Good looking bike at least. I really don't care much for the tech - range speed and handling are really all that matter.

The range would more than cover my use cases.

Most of the tech is ehh (mind you details on it is still a bit sparse), although I have to admit being able to ride upright or more aero friendly is a fairly funky concept.

Mind you if I could easily manually adjust that, I'd be more than happy with doing it that way too - save some $$.
It'd be interesting to see how much $$ the various bits of tech adds to the price tag though, I'd happily do without it all for a cheaper ride.

Back