DIY Standing Trike build (new to this whole E-Bike World)

Havok6854

1 µW
so i am currently beginning research for a build that is somewhat similar in design to the DC trike https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/366697035/dc-tri-the-first-truly-universal-stand-up-electric

Needs
-Standing
-All terrain
-Long Range
-Low Speed (5-15 mph Adjustable is wanted if possible.)
-Fairly high ground clearance
-First timer friendly.

alright the meat and potatoes, I am building this as a faux mobility trike/scooter for my GF and she has issues with walking long distances, and we do the music festival/burning man scene so the needs for the Trike are long ranges (I would think 20 miles would be the max for a weekend and I am already thinking a spare battery is in the future just to be safe.) and handle most terrains and highly muddy environments (biggest concern.) the low speed is because i want her to be able to move at a speed that others would walk at so she can explore and relax with her friends as then enjoy the event. the standing is both and ease thing as well as speed thing so she can get on and off it often. (i will likely be adding a removable seat at some point in the future)

Question time
Wheels
Wheels OK I'm a bit lost on these and as they are my biggest expense i want to make sure i am understanding these right. i am thinking 20-26 inches (high ground clearance for odd terrain/pot holes.) i think i need high torque for the terrain but not at all for the speed. now i am debating having both rear wheels being power. at the moment i imaging all three wheels being bike wheels but i don't know if this is ideal or not.

Shocks/Suspension
comfort is a big deal here and i am trying to figure out a way to work shock absorbers into the real standing deck/wheelbase. (I think from an ease stand point i am just going to add suspension to the standing deck for her and not worry about complicating things with bike suspension but i don't know how easy it might be to get suspension going on the bike itself.

Electrical
I couldn't seem to find a ton on DIY electrical for doing a 2 RWD system i feel i am just likely not searching for the right things and world love some direction on where i can start my research for this. Everything seems like its just set up with kits to be plug and play for bicycles (which makes total sense)

Front Fork
so i have acquired a front fork off what looks to me a long distance touring like bike but i fear the spacing on the fork for the wheel will not allow me to put a fat all terrain heavy tread tire on. so i am not sure where to go for knowledge on making or replacing the front forks with different designs.

I know this might come off and i haven't a clue about a ton of this and that is true. while i am looking for answers to these questions i am happy to research myself i'm just not sure where to get started. my main question to the members of this forum is about the tires and getting the right tires for my needs as they seem to be fairly different from the go fast want. the rest is requests for answers/direction on where to research.

Back