1998 KX 250 Dirtbike?

textanker

1 µW
I've searched for this model but I can't find anything.

I recently picked up the bike in pieces, and I have started the rebuild when I started thinking about the opportunity to do an e-conversion. I'd like to make it trail-capable, maybe some fun track stuff.

I have experience with E conversions on RC airplanes, but not really anything with motos. Can someone school me a bit? Would this model be a good candidate?

Thanks.

I think it will be about $600 for all the gas engine parts (seals, top and bottom end) - so if its about that or cheaper that would be fine.

these days it's cheaper to buy new than build ..
such as Surron electric dirt bike.. ~4K$ new.. hard to find used though bc ppl love them..

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
have you looked at battery prices?. just the battery would likely cost around $1-3K +..

I could build a suitable battery myself for 300-500$... I think. I do not think battery cost should bring anybody off the possibility.

such as Surron electric dirt bike.. ~4K$ new.. hard to find used though bc ppl love them..
.. Yes the Sur Ron is junk metal compared to Kawasaki Kx. I would spec 1500$ for this build to get into 20Hp and two+ hours of range. Motor, controller, battery included.

what if you had (or preferred) to buy the battery or have one professionally built.. how would that change your build estimate $$$??

Oh yeah for a well-designed reputable manufacturer large pack with warranty and customer service... 2 to $3,000 just for the battery LOL.

large battery pack needed to move this bike at power and range maybe not a great beginner project for OP?? after all you could burn your house (or forest?) down..

DogDipstick said:
have you looked at battery prices?. just the battery would likely cost around $1-3K +..

I could build a suitable battery myself for 300-500$... I think. I do not think battery cost should bring anybody off the possibility.

.. Yes the Sur Ron is junk metal compared to Kawasaki Kx. I would spec 1500$ for this build to get into 20Hp and two+ hours of range. Motor, controller, battery included.

What components would you spend your $1500 on?

Back