Sur ron x black edition

Osilva1995

1 µW
Tl;Dr version below

Hey guys, a while back i made myself a somewhat passable ebike from an ebay motor and a chinese battery and a huffy crusier bike from walmart. Ate shit a few times. Broke alot. Battery would last half the time after a few months. Looked stupid but it did what it had to do. By the end of its life, the battery was held together with duct tape and the motor would shut off by itself after 5 minutes of riding and continuously every 5 minutes after that. So now im looking to upgrade as my dirt bike just ate it aswell and i figured i could kill 2 birds with one stone now that i have a “decent” paying job(as in it took me 3 months to save up wnough to get this bike). Looking at the sur ron x black edition. $3,600 and its road legal at 750w motor and not above 20mph on its own power. Remove the governer/speed limiter and it has a top speed of 45mph at i believe 4,000 watt motor. But i was wondering if anyone has experience with this bike or knows of a bike that would fit my needs and would be a fun dirt bike aswell maybe even for less. I know segway makes one but its overpriced and ive heard of the stealth bomber but havent done any research yet.

Tl;dr - wanna buy an dirt ebike. Looking at the sur ron x black edition. Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction of a better and maybe cheaper option?

It’s going to be hard to beat the sur-Ron for an electric dirt bike. But it could be to much for you or to big of a jump, for now, don’t know your situation. Off the shelf or a kit? Can it be more pedal bike and less motorcycle?
If you do a build try to set a budget. One sample of mine is three groups of $600. Frame fork wheels, motor and controller, batteries. Total of $1800. Sure you might only get 1/2 to 3/4 of what the sur Ron is but you’re not paying for it either. Fat bikes or pit bike, small dirt bike, rollers might be some options to consider.

Well unless you got nothing but time and can spend time picking up bargains at sales or you could fabricate much yourself to be honest for the price of the Sur Ron you will be hard pressed to find a competitor. If you have a garage full of tools, and various e-bikes bits and bobs, like wheels, suspension and forks laying around you can put money into a great motor and controller and pick the best parts from you "used parts bin".

You coming from a dirt bike will likely not be pleased with a bike with less power then a sur ron. Or harsher ride. But the thing is, to really enjoy sur ron riding hard, your sur ron will possible not stay stock. You might find yourself considering upgrading tires, brakes, shocks or forks and maybe even starting to considering upping the voltage and swapping the controller and pretty soon you sunk even more money into the bike. I guess I am saying as good as a bike a stock rus ron is, it can be better, much better.

I say, just get the sur ron, ride it bone stock for a season and see how you feel. Put money into the sur ron and enjoy riding this summer, rather then wrenching, or spending your free time hunting for bargains or lowest price for each part you need to save a few if you do a complete DIY build. Who knows, after it all said and done your new diy bike might ride worse the a sur ron, perform worse or if you end up with a better bike then a sur ron cost even more. I think you will be happy with a sur ron. Maybe you can find a used one if money are tight?

Back