Serengeti Panther just dies until i unplug/plug the battery back in

JohnnyH

1 µW
Hello!

I recently purchased a Serengeti Panther Scooter with only 5 KM's on it. The battery pack was shot, so i purchased a new lithium ion pack to produce the 48v power. Everything seemed to work fine for about 2 or 3 KM's but then it just died. The battery level indicator went to zero and the throttle would not respond. I unplugged the battery and just quickly plugged it back in to the scooter and it ran fine for a few hundred feet then the same thing, it would just shut off.

I thought maybe it was the power converter, so i installed a new one. It does the same thing...runs for a few hundred feet then just shuts off.

Any suggestions? I'm new to the electric scooters, but this is driving me nuts- New battery pack and new power controller, same issue!

Thank you for any advice in advance!! John

This may or may not apply but I worked on one of those a few years ago that had a lock out switch on the kickstand. It would run fine til the first good bump, the kickstand would move a little and the bike would die. It drove me crazy because every time it died I would put the kickstand down then put it back up to retest.
Just an idea.

Thank you! I actually ruled that out by removing the sensor. I also heard of folks having that problem with the side stand.

Can you rig a voltmeter so you can watch battery voltage while riding? That might help you determine if it is a battery problem or a bad connection. I assume you have already looked at the break cut off switches.

Hey OP, did you ever figure this out?
And can you tell me where you got the battery from?

Back