Onyx RCR controller upgrade

HughJass

1 µW
Back in April I got an onyx RCR second hand, wanting to get a bit of hands on experience with some EV mods/set up. I started with some minor changes; wired up the turn signals, cooling for the controller and motor, upgraded battery, but it was always limited to 50mph max. I figure since the QS 205 should be good for more than a 3kw controller, and the BMS on the new battery is rated for 150A, I could swap in a better controller to hopefully boost the performance a bit more. I'd be happy to at least get the 60mph mark, and evaluate from there if I can tweak it any further.

I bought a sabvoton 5kW 150A but I'm not going to try anything out until I'm a bit more secure with how to safely install it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001248496230.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.63b04c4ddt2eKE

I tried digging around for examples of swapping controllers but haven't found anything which really lays it all out. Is there any kind of walkthrough or instructional on doing controller installation?

You probably don't need a new controller, you just need to make adjustments to the one you already have. Have you downloaded the Kelly Configuration program, and looked at the actual settings you're running now? From what I've read Onyx's come from the factory set up pretty tame.

Back