Vectrix VX-2 / Vmoto E-Max dissection

csc

100 W
Hi there

I bought for a few bucks a Vectrix VX-2 scooter. It comes with a 48v Sevcon gen4 system, so I was warned that I could deal with sin cos encoder issues.

But in fact not at all ! It's a super classic QSmotor inside (4000w 13inch single shaft, 28 pole pair), I found the halls and plugging a Nucular on it was a matter of minutes. I saw here on ES (thanks ES) that it's just another version of the Vmoto E-Max basis.

Though, I don't understand what 2 wires coming from the motor are made for. Before unplugging the Sevcon I could mesure that a white one is fed in +12v and the orange is supposedly a negative/ground

Which one would be what acccording to you ? If there was a temp sensor inside it would be useful, but I would'nt like to blindly fry anything... Usually in QS stuff you find only one wire for the (kty83/122) sensor...

Hi

Does anybody know how the Vectrix PWM throttle is connected ? I see red 5v, black ground, yellow 0v, grey ext 11v, grey int 0v

Which wire would be the pwm signal and what would the other cables do ? I'm a 100% newbie concerning pwm !!!

Back