Artisan evo

Ianhill

1 MW
Seems theres a little bike about thats got all the vitals in place to make a decent ride that will embarrass its petrol stabble mates off the mark and has a decent size and range.

Stock they run 3kw nominal and replace a 125cc thats were i step in i can double that with just a controller and bms replacement then take the 6 hour charge time and reduce it too 1 hour plus make the charger an on board version so charging will be as simple as plug it in with its 2 metre coiled cable that opens out to 6 metre.

Way i thought about the charge system is whats my max available from the outlet and lets have it all im greedy for a skinny man and i want it to be simplified as possible all monitored from the BMS app.

Last mod is remove the belt and use 428 chain and sprockets so more of the sweet kw makes it to the tyre and just let it eat till the battery cant take no more then swap them out for some lg cells in time and double its capacity and really turn the controller up.

One ive got in mind does 250amps motor with 350amp peaks 700 phase amps has a water cooling plate and does all its programing through a bluetooth app has a 300% over speed function and runs vector FOC.

At the end of it the bike will be one mad monster with very little to tell it apart from stock its all hidden under the plastics other than the chaindrive swap and been small nimble and powerful will make it a very handy machine for fast point to point rural transport and very versatile to charge, its easy enough to get a bike 6 metres to a 3 pin 13amp socket that charging infrastructure has exsited for many years so 3.3kw it is and even on the big battery it gets modded with it will charge in under 2 hours and get 60-70 fun miles.

And i can turn the controller up and down as i like then so even if ministry of transport get wind it will pass a dyno test when i feed the motor stock values :lol:

If you use this thread to update your progress on the bike, I will follow.
Seeing your other builds I have faith that it will turn out great and this might be a guide for me in the future when I can get my hands on a second hand one of these bikes :wink:

Im in talks on alibbaba now i want to make this happen, the razor is getting some love today not much left on the soldering, thought if i spend so much time finessing something it might aswell be something i can ride legal and going above 3kw on a bike becomes dodgy with the law at least, so it be nice to have no worrys at all and blast about regardless if they play up.

Ive got myself a blood 72701 controller with water cooling plate on the way direct from manufacturer very good price compared to anything on this power scale.

300amps batt continuous 700 phase amps 300% overspeed vector FOC controller with a bluetooth app to adjust it all, that should find the saturation point and rpm limit of this motor with room to spare on 22s theres 24.5kw nominal max with peaks touching 27kw on a strong enough fully charged pack.

I wont be using all that power but i could get close to 20kw peaks from the right setup.

I want an onbaord charger with a built in dcdc but finding a 3.3kw compact device is hard i may have to keep the charger off board so the dcdc function side wont be needed but without a bike to measure up ill have to wait on that one but the controller is on the way.

IMG_20210510_161817361.jpg
1620660146654.png

Didnt get to running the contoller and motor wont pair so benched the project, theres a watercooled motor available now so theres lots of future mods for this bike id recommend if thats your kinda bag and you wouldn't mind modding down the line grab it.

Back