De-restrict for off-road use?

nikovich

10 µW
Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could tell me which colour wire to pull, so my super ancient 'City 45' 2009 E Moped from Walmart , can no longer struggle uphill at a country farm.
The make of the E-moped is an Ecoped, which are no longer in business. I bought this thing used for next to nothing, and its great for zipping around in the countryside away from humans lol.
I managed to locate the box that leads to the controller, but its wedged in there pretty good and doesn't' allow easy access at all.

Also, is there a way to turn off the extremely loud turn-signal beeping noise this bike came with? I can't find where to shut that off under the dashboard.

thanks a million!

N

Attachments

• IMG_0603.jpg
    IMG_0603.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 512
  • 21211849211_54172286a4_o.jpg
    21211849211_54172286a4_o.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 510
none of those wires i can tell you that. :lol:

turn signal are usually self contained, so you need to replace the unit or just fill the beeper with hot glue.

Your scooter's top speed limitation does nothing to affect its climbing performance. That's just how (not) strong it is.

I'd still like to make it go faster than 32 kpm out in the country tho, so any suggestions on where the governor is on this contraption are most welcome. Thanks :)

If there is one thats easy to disconnect, its usually a pair of same colored wires plugged together that stick out of the controller box, commonly blue or grey. unplugging them is unlocked mode. Assuming they're there, but not all systems
have an easy external way to do it.
If you do it, check how tight the wires are inside that yellow connector block periodically... they get loose from thermal expansion/contraction and overheat and melt down in there.

Attachments

• limiter.jpg
    limiter.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 438
Back