Old bike

Tommon said:
Cmy display gets power and I made sure all the wires are still connected and the wheel spins about 1 inch when I turn the throttle then stops after I turn on my bike but that’s it I can’t move… anybody know what I should do

Use a multimeter to check your battery voltage.

Unplug each connector one at a time, and inspect both ends for dirt, corrosion, heat damage, or displaced terminals before reconnecting them.

Tommon said:
I disconnected all wires under the nose, display, seat and side and still no throttle after plugging them back in (they were inspected for quality). On a side note i was riding with no head lights or signals all summer on the city streets and they wearnt working now their back on. Btw my display tells me the battery voltage... thats all good

Maybe it's time to try a new throttle, if you don't have a working system to test your old throttle with.
Use a multimeter to check for 5 volts between the red and black wires on the connector the throttle plugs into.

If you supply 5V to your throttle's red wire, and ground to the black wire, then put a multimeter across the black wire and the third wire, you should see less than 1 volt when the throttle is not engaged, and about 4 volts when it's fully open.

If that's what you get from testing it, then the problem isn't the throttle itself.

If you can't measure 5 volts from pins in the controller to throttle plug, then the problem is in the controller or the wire.

Back