Stark Future : Varg electric motocross 450

Stark VARG: the world's fastest motocross bike is now electric :mrgreen:

2023-Stark-VARG-Static-Right-Side.jpg

2023-Stark-VARG-Action-Hill-Tortelli.jpg

[youtube]h15bW5If_dY[/youtube]

[youtube]ozEEvlgtTPE[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/ozEEvlgtTPE

2023 Stark VARG Electric Motocross Bike First Look

Stark, a new Swedish motorcycle company with a home base in Spain, is the latest manufacturer aiming to take on internal combustion engine motocross and off-road motorcycles with the new VARG Electric bike..

If the specifications and feedback from two-time MX World Champion, Sebastien Tortelli, the Stark testing director prove to be correct, the VARG could be a viable contender.

The VARG has been in development for two years and boasts 80 horsepower compared to about 61 for the most powerful 450cc MX bikes. The power output and characteristics can be modified via the on-bike smartphone dash or an App for your phone. The battery is claimed to last for up to 40 minutes of intense motocross use or 6 hours of recreational riding. And it will take 1-2 hours to recharge.

The entire bike and chassis was developed in-house and uses the motor as a stressed member. Claimed weight is 242 pounds, which puts it in the lower range of the current crop of 450cc MX bikes with a full tank of fuel.

The VARG uses Kayaba suspension and Brembo brakes.

The VARG is expected to be available in September 2022 with a price tag of $11,900..

starkfuture.com

Stark Future was born to challenge and inspire the motorcycle industry to sustainability. The company’s first serial production model – the Stark VARG motocross bike – will prove that electric technology is superior to gasoline equivalents in every single way;)..

2023 Stark VARG Specifications
Description Specification
Power 80hp
Weight 110kg fully charged
Wheel torque 938 Nm
Range Up to 6 hours
Charging time 1 to 2 hours
Battery capacity 6kWh
Suspension 310 mm travel Front/Rear KYB
Ride modes More than 100
Adjustability Power curve, engine braking, flywheel effect & traction control

https://www.cyclenews.com/2021/12/article/2023-stark-varg-electric-motocross-bike-first-look/

Wow!

If everything they say in that video is true then that is a really nice bike. The whole time I was thinking they were going to say it costs $20k.

Does anyone want to give me $12k?

Closer look: Stark VARG electric off-road motorcycle technical details ..

https://enduro21.com/en/bikes/latest/closer-look-stark-varg-electric-off-road-motorcycle-technical-details

Exclusive: Stark tester Tortelli talks development ..

https://dirtbikerider.com/news/exclusive-stark-tester-tortelli-talks-development/

Lots of really great design and insane performance… a great showcase of advantages of an electric drivetrain. If they can deliver at that price we’re going to see effects far outside of the motocross world. Love the battery housing design especially.

+1 on slapping on lights and making the most insane supermoto ever. And unlike most motorcross based supermotos you won’t need to rebuild the motor every few thousand miles… Though I wonder about battery longevity at the highest performance level

From researching YouTube I see the only difference from the 80hp version to the 60hp version is just software and a extra $1000 bucks which can be updated at a later date if needed.Glad I ordered the 60hp version.

I'm excited to try one! They look fast!

Looks amazing! I can't wait for the reviews to start rolling out this year. How do you think they couple the cells to the casing? Is the casing coated for electrical isolation or maybe a thin plastic cap?

A recent video I saw somewhere mentioned they will have a street version at a later date. That would be hard to resist!

Ive been watching all the reviews from the moto world press that were invited to ride the pre-production bikes & review it.....Its amazing to see the grin on every riders face coming in after their 4 lap stint. So far the reception is better than i thought it would be....the bike is good out of the gate. Now if it truly delivers 30 min. motocross racing experience, with a reasonable charge option, I may have to re-think the Husqvarna I bought.
I was having a chat with some guys at an event & they knew I've played with electric powered bikes, they were curious on the comparison. I tried to explain its not just different, its better. The future is still looking good.

Back