Quantya motorcycle and controller questions

lolimpol

100 µW
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, so I wanted to do a little introduction.
My name is Pol and I'm an 18 year old engineering student from the Netherlands.
My previous experience with electric vehicles is dissasembling an electric forklift, and I've converted our families Nissan Patrol to electric with a conversion kit (would've done it myself, but a kit was necessary to get it registered by the RDW).

I recently found this Quantya dirtbike on my local marketplace:
quantya1.jpg
quantya2.jpg
Now I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these bikes, are they any good? And who the hell is Quantya? I can find they made this thing around 2011, and it's a swiss company. Has anyone registered one of these in Europe? Maybe even someone who has registered it in the Netherlands? it would seem the motor has been changed, and I'm assuming the battery and controller as well. What is this controller? and is it any good?
quantya3.jpg
here's the display as well:
quantya4.jpg

thank you so much for all your help, and I look forward to hearing from you all.
dearest regards,
Pol.

Controller looks like Sabvoton SVMC Series.

I am a Dutch student too and had the same bike.
Also bought from school, mine was kinda orginal (missing battery) but not fast enough for me.
And was sold soon to the orginal importer via Marktplaats.
He was collecting the bikes and using them for renting purposes I think.

davidraaymakers said:
I am a Dutch student too and had the same bike.
Also bought from school, mine was kinda orginal (missing battery) but not fast enough for me.
And was sold soon to the orginal importer via Marktplaats.
He was collecting the bikes and using them for renting purposes I think.

can I pm please? I'd like to find out some more details.

Send me a pm.
No problem.

Cheers David

I had for many years a roadlegal Quantya Evo on a moped licenceplate. After a batteryfire I change the battery and run the bike for a few years without any problems. It was one off the best e MX bikes in that time. But it was way to expensive.
The bike is still running in the Netherlands, although it is brushed it run with the original Atrax real nice. It was a wheelie machine and stil have some regrets because I sold the bike. My gasgas eta is more powerfull but is a whole other bike.

Hi,

I'm also from Then Netherlands, and actually bought this exact bike together with a friend of mine. We're currently in the process of making it work again, since there is no information what so ever about the motor.
We've already made the bike run, but it's really slow when it starts.

The previous owner also couldn't tell us a lot about the motor, and only had access to the controller guides. Which is indeed a Sabvoton SVMC.

Regarding the motor, it looks like it's a prototype from the company "Magnetic innovations" based in The Netherlands. Originally it didn't have any hall sensors or temperature sensors, but those were added later.

So currently we're a bit stuck on the motor side of things, and can't seem to get the correct "offset angle" for the controller. Which makes us doubt if we should just get another motor, and just skip the hassle of figuring this one out. Is there a way to figure this out manually? Since the hall sensor test is failing.

I know a thing or two about the bike and the company... we used one machine first unmodified (48V) then tuned (20S 72V) in the Swiss eMotocross championship. This eMoto class unfortunately only existed for 2 years. It was a lot of fun, the machine is really capable in the overclocked version with the original components: Brushed Lynch motor LMC 127 (60min-1/V), Controller Alltrax AXE 7245 (set to ~400A peak). Another machine was used for commuting with 72V, geared to ~95 km/h, limited to ~300A peak.
The old Alltrax AXE controller series are voltage-controlled (speed) and not current-controlled (torque) which makes driving very hard on the 'gas'grip and very sensitive to the potentiometer in the gasgrip. This is ok for races (brutal starting torque), but bad for smooth everyday driving. I gave the Quantya EVO to a friend, but still have the same drivetrain in a scooter developed by Quantya (Von Roll VRone).

That's awesome! I'm glad there are some users on this forum who have experience with this bike. I'm actually in contact with a user about purchasing the original motor.
It looks like the prototype motor currently attached to the motor isn't up to the specs. We want more torque, and don't really need high top speeds.

Do you know if the original controller can be replaced by something on the market today? I'm also curious if you changed the gear ratio on the bike?

Thanks!

I thought about coupling the Lynch motor with a new Alltrax DC-controller which allows smoother torque (Amps) control. This would be the Alltrax SR72500, allowing good performance up to ~100 km/h with longer gearing. Originally geared to ~80km/h with a 20S-battery pack you could compete with most motocrossers on a track. But Alltrax seems to be very US oriented, difficult to get them in Europe for acceptable cost. So I still live with an old Alltrax AXE 7245.
My long term vision, not for performance but for curiosity and learning, is switching to a brushless motor (like Revolt RV-160) and a self-made Lebowski-controller.

Back