DC brushless motor 48v 2000w, with a 34Ap 2000w 48v speed controller having faults with motor wire heating up

Quelchrob

1 µW
Hi I hope some 1 can help plz.

The problem that I'm getting is 1 of the 3 motor wire is getting realy hot and I'm not to sure y this is.

The only thing I have done is swapped the wires round for the motor as it was going forward realy slow and as I swapped wires round with the Hull sensors green and yellow and I swapped only the blue and yellow and not the green but now the green wire is heating up like anythink but motor seems all good.

If any 1 can help would be much appreciated thanks

Was the system working normally with the original wiring, with no wire heating, and normal no-load (offground wheels) current draw?

If it was, then it probably had the correct hall/phase combo before, and now it probably has a "false positive" which can run faster or slower than the correct one, but it will cause increased current draw and heating, and is bad for the whole system.

If it was correct before, and not going fast enough for you, you'd need to either:

change the motor to a new one with a faster winding, or

change the battery to a proportionally higher voltage to the speed you want vs what you have, and probably the controller so it will handle that voltage or

change the wheel size to a proportionally larger one for the speed you want, or

if it is not a hubmotor, change the gearing between motor and wheel

Back