choosing between motors help/input/recommendation appreciated

E-Andreas

10 mW
I want to use the QS138 V3 but don´t know if it´s powerful enough for my application.
Attach a excel file with some information about the conversion.
Any input or shared experience would be helpful.
Thanks.

Attachments

• MotorcycleDataForMotor.xlsx
    793.3 KB · Views: 18
Without being able to open your file, I would recommend using a simulator or calculator to get a basic idea of how much power it takes to do a particular thing under particular conditions.

It will let you guesstimate the battery power, controller power, and motor power needed to do the worst-case parts of your rides. You can do this fairly easily with some customizing effort at http://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html , as all the parts pre-listed there are for ebike-class stuff, so you have to use the "custom" option for battery, controller, and motor (though you could use the listed cromotor to start guesstimating with).

As for us knowing what is powerful enough for your application, you'd need to state all the specifics of your application (none of which are in your post; don't know if they are in your file), including terrain, road conditions, wind conditions, wheel size, gear ratio from motor to wheel, total vehicle/rider/etc weight, speed and acceleration rate desired, etc.

Hi AmberWolf,

THANKS for your reply.

Here the Link to the file.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15UN1dV_eSCJ5Z7o2sjasBa35K5xGxsuH/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=114285997266869483915&rtpof=true&sd=true

Thanks for the link to the simulator.
I have to check the grade and see if I get all the needed parameters of the motor to put them in the simulator.
The rest I have in the file.

I guess the next steps for me is
1. getting all parameters
2. see if the simulation will give me an answer.

Independent of the simulation would be helpful to know what power the motor can take for how long as i life up the mountain (2km). So your experience is much appreciated.

Thanks for your help
Andreas

Back