Govecs GO S1.2 Service Manual

Bluedex

10 µW
Hi guys,

Can anyone provide me the service manual for the Govecs Go S1.2 or newer model? I can find the standard user manual, but no documentation regarding wiring. I'm having problems finding out how the dashboard measures the battery voltage. It is always in 'empty' state ever since I bought it as a renovation project. The new battery matches the factory voltage, so that shouldn't be the problem. I have some unconnected 4P connectors that I traced to the dashboard. But before I start connecting random pins to a 24S Lithium battery and release some magic smoke, I would rather try finding the proper documentation. Any help is appreciated!

Note: I found a similar thread on carsdbs, but to download that file in the referenced link you need to go to so much spam that my browser isn't allowing me to. And at this moment it is not possible to register to that forum to reach out to others.

Since I can't help with the documentation...can you take good clear pictures of the dashboard circuitry itself, making note of which connections / wires are not used at present?

This may help us help you find the correct point to wire for battery meter.

BTW, since the battery voltage is probably already present on the dashboard to power it, I would expect that it would be internally wired to measure it from the same source. I don't see a reason for them to use a separate wire for it...but if they did we should be able to figure out which one it is.

Bluedex said:
Hi guys,

Can anyone provide me the service manual for the Govecs Go S1.2 or newer model? I can find the standard user manual, but no documentation regarding wiring. I'm having problems finding out how the dashboard measures the battery voltage. It is always in 'empty' state ever since I bought it as a renovation project. The new battery matches the factory voltage, so that shouldn't be the problem. I have some unconnected 4P connectors that I traced to the dashboard. But before I start connecting random pins to a 24S Lithium battery and release some magic smoke, I would rather try finding the proper documentation. Any help is appreciated!

Note: I found a similar thread on carsdbs, but to download that file in the referenced link you need to go to so much spam that my browser isn't allowing me to. And at this moment it is not possible to register to that forum to reach out to others.

Maybe this will be helpful :wink:

Attachments

• Govecs Stromlaufplan.pdf
    418.2 KB · Views: 100
Thank you Jollmo, that is really helpfull!

In the meantime I have found and resolved at least one issue regarding charge indication. The 4p connector I was talking about has a signal wire that runs to the dashboard (white wire for Govecs S1.2). This is a 12V signal that activates the dashboard LED and notifies the Sevcon controller that the charger is connected/active. In my case the wire had a faulty connection to the dashboard pcb. However I am still not having any luck with displaying the SOC, but that is a Sevcon issue that I need to figure out. The Sevcon controller should measure the battery voltage at the B+ terminal and after it's calculation send the SOC over CANbus to the dashboard (using the CANopen protocol.)

If I have more information I will share it here.

There might be another problem, as the display needs at least 82V to "reset" to full...
So, maybe just turn the scooter to "on" while the charger is connected, that might trigger the reset because of 84v beeing sent to the battery...
The newer (blue) display needs only 81V to show full again.
As long, as there's no reset, the SOC will only descend towards zero and will display nothing thereafter, until the next reset...

Hey guys,

It's been a while, and I forgot to post the answer to my problem. The battery indication can only be fixed with the Sevcon DVT software. You will need the appropriate Ixxat CAN-to-USB converter for this. The reset voltage that Jollmo described can be changed in the Battery Application tab. This voltage was in my case set too high, so it never went back to 'full'. As long as this reset voltage isn't reached when charging, it will allways remain in the last known state. In my case this resulted in a 'empty' battery indication for eternity.

So if you come accross this problem, you will need the DVT software (including license) and the USB converter to fix it.

Back