On board charger options?

Lost_Potato

1 µW
I am planning on building a bike, I would like to have an onboard charger with a j1772 plug.

The battery pack I'm planning on building is a 72v 20s30p pack of around 5.6KWh.With a 400amp ANT bms. The cells
(https://liionwholesale.com/products...0-15a-flat-top-2600mah?variant=39353214468165) are rated at 2C, but the charging method on the cell spec sheet says .5c,4.2v with a .05c cutoff, so I'm not quite sure what that means for what I should do for a charger.

So I'm looking for an AC-DC ¿converter? ¿Inverter? That can take 110-240vAC and output 84vDC at ---amps?

Anyone have any ideas/help?

There are J1772 kits out there, about a grand USD with the required signalling intelligence.

30A would be high current if your focus is longevity, going to 50+A to save time would reduce lifespan, unless you are really hitting and holding 150+A discharge frequently.

For longevity, 20S normal cycling should just charge to 83V and stop. Balance charging may be different, do as a scheduled maintenance (at least check) at home.

If you need to utilize every scrap of mAh capacity then 84V and hold until trailing current drops to 4A,but again that is stressful.

Only charge to high SoC just before using the pack, otherwise keep stored in the low 70's.

Back