Qs205 6t locked up

alexplatts18

10 mW
Hi my QS 205 6t has completly locked up I've not touched it for weeks and its been stored in a dry area. ive removed the phase wires from the controller to make sure it wasnt anything linked to the controller. Still no joy[emoji53]

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Alex

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Are there brakes on the wheel it is mounted to? If so, they could be jammed on; freeing the caliper would fix the problem.

Was it used in a wet area? If so, it could have gotten water inside it, and corroded. it typically takes serious corrosion (damaging or destroying the magnets, or bearings, etc) to lock up a motor to the point it can't even be turned by hand. Opening the motor would generally be required to verify this, but if there are rubber plug seals on the cover bearings at the axle you may be able to remove them and see if there is visible corrosion there first. If there isn't, then opening the motor would be the next step.

alexplatts18 said:
Hi my QS 205 6t has completly locked up I've not touched it for weeks and its been stored in a dry area. ive removed the phase wires from the controller to make sure it wasnt anything linked to the controller. Still no joy[emoji53]

Yes you were correct water had mede its way in was a nightmare getting it off
66f5c7f766a1829f325d9b2c404b9b17.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Back