Jueshuai 1300W 48V Electric Scooter Review

cheez

100 mW
Moderator advice to all readers:

Cheez posts consistently dangerously incorrect information and advice that could lead to fire and death (in regards to batteries, etc).

Other information is simply incorrect and could lead to wasted money and severe dissatisfaction.

Do not follow any of their advice or information.

Original complete post below:

Ok so I got this scooter about a few weeks ago. A brand is Jueshuai 1300w 48V scooter with 20Ah battery.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804039888294.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802yZr3KA&_randl_shipto=USgatewayAdapt=glo2usa&

It's a rear-wheel drive with motor-less alloy wheel in the front.

It's slow.... :( The best I could hit was 30 mph. So I opened up the deck and saw what's inside:

The interior deck space has the following dimensions:
15cm width
7 cm height
47.5cm length

A 48V controller rated at 25A, low voltage cut-off at 37V.
Opened battery pack to see what's in there.. It has:

13s 8p battery formation, some no-name brand Chinese Li-ion 18650 battery cells. It appears to have 6A per cell. 2500 mAh storage.
It had a 25A-rated credit card-sized BMS which has low voltage cut-off at 43V. I yanked it out about a week ago, so now I have more room for range as the low voltage cut-off is now at 37V by the controller.

Because it is 13s battery it's topped out at 54.6V full charge.

Here is the problem, the battery cells are interconnected with fake nickel plating. It's very thin, and is only a single layer. Looks like it's good for about 3.5A current before it starts to heat up, losing efficiency. Because heat turns into loss of energy it's not making anything close to true 25 or 23A even though the controller is rated for it.

So I applied two two layers of high-grade aluminum adhesive tape (used for sealing wood stove heat pipes) on the inner parallel groups of the battery pack. 3 layers on both the very first and very last parallel group (positive and negative side). That should free up some current to increase efficiency, to provide clean energy, meaning more range and a little bit of boost in speed. I wish I could take pictures but I don't have a camera as I live in a shed. I threw away my phone 6 months ago.. But when I get to my parents' house I should be able to take some pics and post on here.

Later I will add some battery cells to bring this up to 14s. That'll give me 58.8V full charge and more power. Later eventually I will be removing this battery pack and build me a very powerful battery pack at 60- 72V hybrid system. I will keep you guys updated how things progress.

This is the picture of what my scooter looks like.

Sbe41e7e0190641169457e6824ce66468K.jpg

After I applied the aluminum adhesive tapes to connect my cells in the battery pack I have been charging my scooter via solar panel...taking for-ever. Haven't had a chance to ride it. Don't want to ride until I get at least 52V...

I want to warn you though this scooter battery is no good. It loses charge way too easily, all day all night. Even on the very first day I received this scooter I lost 0.6V of charge overnight after I fully charged the scooter from wall charger that night...

You will want to upgrade, or build yourself a battery pack with quality name brand cells.. and do much better job on interconnecting them with the conductive...

For now, I will try adding eight of Samsung 21700 40T cells in series, increasing the voltage range to 58.8V. And this will be on the Negative end of the battery pack, where the Chinese battery cells were leaking charge on the Negative end. The Samsung 40T should help regulate it, to reduce the amount of loss of charge that happen daily. For those that live in grid homes it's almost not an issue but for the homeless and poor people live in cabins would be pretty dang serious problem because a 12V solar panel will not cut it. Would need a couple of 24V panels to really shove it, give it some good bang....of charging. When I get Samsung 40T batteries and add to my pack I will let you guys know how it went.

nicobie said:
Adding 8 cells in series will up the voltage at the controller by ~33V. Are you sure you really want to do this?
Oh I meant in parallel. Adding 4.2V on top of my system voltage. I should be able to get the battery cells soon. Once I get them I will add to my pack and run test. I will let ya guys know.

Back