Electric Grom-Type bike with super sport bike performance

Hello good day.
I found this beautiful content in YouTube and wanted to share it here.

https://youtu.be/3YUkksPbVP4

I did invited the guy here in ES but he seems to be focused on other social media platform.
Anyway. I have a bike similar to this one but similar the the Lightning Sparc (yeah lightning motors).
Is my dream to make it just like this one and I have a good idea about batteries, controller and motor. But unfortunately I'm in my most challenging financial situation. Inflation got me really hard and I'm not even located in North America.
I really like to know your thoughts and also to demonstrate that hub motors can be very high performance.
Please let me know if the are alternatives in LiFePO4 with high C's to make a build like this one.

Here is a link to the playlist of the build...

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZesQPDSn7CcRlYeb1go9Dyj7VsyZJfwm

That is a pretty awesome Grom clone build. I've watched him before. Have a look at my Grom clone build (link in signature); it's not as crazy as the video you've linked but it definitely puts a smile on my face when I twist the throttle. Have a look at the salvaged EV Samsung modules I used; they work well for this kind of bike; unfortunately batteryhookup doesn't have any more in stock but used modules make for a fairly economical battery pack.

pwd said:
That is a pretty awesome Grom clone build. I've watched him before. Have a look at my Grom clone build (link in signature); it's not as crazy as the video you've linked but it definitely puts a smile on my face when I twist the throttle. Have a look at the salvaged EV Samsung modules I used; they work well for this kind of bike; unfortunately batteryhookup doesn't have any more in stock but used modules make for a fairly economical battery pack.

Yeah I really want to make mine like yours. But unfortunately the bike is the only commuter one I have. This batteries of yours are really nice too. I saw you pulled something like 325~ amps from your Batts. How much are those rated?
I want to go with LFP cells that I found that fit almost exactly for the build. the cells are like 150ah so it would be a 24S1P pack but are rated for 1C only. My main focus is that the pack would give me around ~280km range witch would be a quantum leap from the 40ish range is giving me now (I have f@cked up lto cells that damaged due to sh1ty BMS).
But that is still in the wait as I mentioned I haven't overcame my financial yet. The pack is actually not that expensive at $2300 but I'm topped in credit... Let's see later how my bike will turn out

I'm not actually sure what the cells are rated for but I can tell you that after a 1 hour of city riding; they only got a few degrees warmer. I measured each 47ah module at ~ 8 milliohms @ 25C at ~ 50% state of charge.

24S - 150ah is will be a lot of battery to fit into a Grom but would definitely be possible if you don't need to fit the factory plastics that cover up the battery tray area and can do a bit of fabrication.

Back