Badsey Cruiser rebuid/modification

tekis

1 µW
Hello: I'm new to this forum and very grateful to have found it! I just bought an old Badsey Cruiser. It's going to need to get rehabbed. I'm not ready to start just yet. I'm still collecting data, specs, part sources, etc. Please chime in with suggestions for motor types and sources, as well as controllers. I need new tires, and I want to fit it with modern batteries. Thanks.

No Badsey owners around? How about motor sources for scooters? Badsey had many "off the shelf" parts. Scooter tires? Thanks.

Is that the cruiser you are talking about?

redcruizerbg.jpg

Have you tried calling Badsey.com? http://www.badsey.com/old/index.html

Yes, that's the Cruiser I'm talking about. It's currently at my brother's house, and I haven't picked it up yet. I don't think Badsey is in business any more, so contacting them is no good. Someone took it over years ago and apparently mismanaged it a bit. Currently, I also have a Badsey Hot Scoot. It runs great except that the locking mechanism that controls the folding action won't always lock. That means when I go over a bump the scooter wants to fold up--not very safe. I should take it apart and see what's wrong. Do you own the pictured red Cruiser?

I don't own a Badsey anything, the pic comes from their website. It has an email address and phone number. Try contacting them by phone, if they answer then they are in business, if there's an answering machine then they're in business. You won't be sure until you try. Good luck.

Hi: I've tried calling them. The number's disconnected and email's get sent back. Thanks.

Well then you know for sure they are out of business. I can't find anything on ebay except for SLA batteries and Google finds only broken links or websites that says Badsey Cruiser parts are no longer available. Sorry. Maybe some parts are interchangeable with other brands of stand up scooters like Razor or Goped. Or maybe with little modifications you can fit parts from other brands on your Badsey. It looks like its the only way you can go with this.

The wheels and tires are go kart parts. The body work they did themselves in fiberglass. Most of the other parts, motor, controller, batteries, etc. are off the shelf and if you can't find an exact replacement it shouldn't be too hard to find a decent substitute. Most of the aluminum and steel frame parts should be trouble free. The part most likely to fail is the steering knuckle that connects the handlebar stem to the steerer. I think it was a part machined in aluminum. When it cracks the steering column will go floppy or disconnect if the center bolt also fails. You'll need to take it to a machinist and have it cloned, hopefully in a better material.

Back