How to use motorbike throttle on ebikes

handbaked

100 W
Hi

I want to use a motocross twist throttle that pulls a cable much like a bicycle gear cable when turned. I have heard that there is an adapter that allows you to use this kind of throttle on an ebike. Does anyone know of such product?

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

There's a few threads about such a thing, including one in the for sale section; cant' remmeber who is selling them.

But you can make your own using an ebike throttle mounted to a tube to hold it i place relative to the cable housing, inside a box on the ibke; if you have a battery box etc it can go i there.

Don't know when there will be any more of those coming from Gwhy. Seems it has been a while since he had the time to assemble and ship so if in a hurry you might as well make your self or source from different vendor. I've put in my order to ghwy summer of 2015 i think but ghwy had some injury last year, he kind of got a backlog, or everyday life has caught up with him. When he is good and ready I am sure he will ship.

Np for me, I got time to wait as I got a few china throttles as well. So this new throttle will be a nice bonus.

Back