Vectrix VX2 issue

Monstarr

100 W
I am trying to upgrade the speed on some guy I know's Vectrix VX2.
Standard speed = 45 kmph. Increasing speed to 50+ leads to a annoying behaviour on the end of the speedrange. It starts dropping speed and increasing speed continuously. Looks like something next to the Sevcon Gen4 size2 controller is overrulling the maxspeed setting.

Long story short...while fine tuning the max rpm point i cycled power several times and the last time it came alive with RPDO fault & IO init error codes in Sevcon DVT which i cannot get erased anymore. I forgot to make a copy of vanilla DCF so i cannot go back to original state :| I know that is stupid.

Anyone here who can help? Perhaps in sending a working DCF file or pointing me in the right direction for a fix?

Update: problem fixed.
I managed to source vanilla DCF for the controller.
Although you need to update the main VX-2's ICM, which does all the thinking, to increase for example the max speed.
The Sevcon seems to be only functioning as amplifier for the motor.
Changing max speed in Sevcon DVT software results in the ICM interfering at the higher set speeds and it drops motorspeed continuously to the max 'original' setting at 45 kmpu and keeps osccilating that way. Needless to say resulting in an unpleasant drive.

Updating the ICM is possible with Vectrix diagnostic software and PEAK can converter. Ixxat converter doesnt work unfortunately.
PEAK converter and diagnostic software are obtainable through:
http://www.shop.vectrixparts.com/

Hi Monsstar,

Did you increase the speed?
Which files of the diagnostic software ?
45 km/h are really too slow with this scooter.

Best regards
JarsonVX

JarsonVX said:
Hi Monsstar,

Did you increase the speed?
Which files of the diagnostic software ?
45 km/h are really too slow with this scooter.

Best regards
JarsonVX

Hi,

You can tweak the max speed slightly with the Sevcon DVT software. Only so much untill the Vectrix ICM parameter limiting kicks in.
If you want radical change in speed or something else you need to alter the firmware on the ICM itself, the Vectrix' controlling print. This is where the scooter keeps her intelligence :)
The Ixxat USB CAN converter which you use for the scooter's Sevcon controller unfortunately doesnt work for the CAN communication to the Vectrix' ICM.
Everything you need (hardware and firmware files) can be obtainable at the Vectrix aftermarket supplier at http://www.shop.vectrixparts.com/
They have excellent support.

Small disclaimer though: increasing speed by firmware possibly changes the scooters license registration and makes it illegal to drive on public roads.
:roll:

Good luck.

Hi monstarr,

I do not want a radical change in speed !!
Only so much to be no obstruction in traffic.
Hard- and software already exists. I am not sure which HEX file to load on the ICM.
Can you help me with that or should I ask Vectricparts?

Best regards
JarsonVX

JarsonVX said:
Hi monstarr,

I do not want a radical change in speed !!
Only so much to be no obstruction in traffic.
Hard- and software already exists. I am not sure which HEX file to load on the ICM.
Can you help me with that or should I ask Vectricparts?

Best regards
JarsonVX

The files needed for speed increase (65 kmu) you can get from them.
I have them too but I cant give any support about it as I never used them before because I dont have the right converter.
I am not sure if you also need to update the Sevcon parameter .dcf file. It got sent to me together with the .hex file so I presume that you also need to upload that file to the sevcon controller.
Filesnames are called:
003439-01-vx2icmwithbootloaderv15.hex
003440-01-VX2 Production Rev4.1.dcf

You need the CAN converter to see which hex file is on the ICM. This is overwritten with the Pickit3. That's the hex.15 you already have.

I have the can converter but i need the firmware, can someone share it?
Thx

Does anyone have the stock vanilla DCF for the Vectrix? Someone I know bricked theirs after changing parameters and we're trying to get it back to normal.

frodus said:
Does anyone have the stock vanilla DCF for the Vectrix? Someone I know bricked theirs after changing parameters and we're trying to get it back to normal.

Have sent the files to the user with the problem. Unfortunately never received a thank you for the effort or update for it.

I got little/no thanks for updating his controller with the file you must've sent him.

He made major changes to the controller via the Clearview, but could not tell me what he changed. He didn't have a backup of what was on there and didn't take notes on what was changed. He told me he did finally get a file from someone (not who from), so I put it back to the stock file, and sent it back to him.

To Monstarr, Frodus (Travis) and anyone one the this forum that replied to me
and helped me to fix my controller.
to All, Please accept my late apology for not having replied more early to everybody on the forum
how has helped me to put my vectrix vx2 back on the road again.
Once again,
Thank You To All and sorry for the delay,
Richard.

goodlife said:
To Monstarr, Frodus (Travis) and anyone one the this forum that replied to me
and helped me to fix my controller.
to All, Please accept my late apology for not having replied more early to everybody on the forum
how has helped me to put my vectrix vx2 back on the road again.
Once again,
Thank You To All and sorry for the delay,
Richard.

No problem. Glad you got it fixed. :thumb:

Hi everyone. I have a VX-2 and am preparing to do a firmware update on it for speed increase. I have the CAN adapter on the way and in the meantime, trying to get all the software I'm going to need ready. I've already installed the diagnostic software.

I see mention of the firmware files but haven't for the life of me been able to find the files themselves anywhere. Do they come with the software? If not, does anyone know where to find them, or have them and are able to share? Thanks!!

Update:

Still at a dead end. I put in a query over at vectrixparts about the availability of the db-9 adapter cable, and two sales people got back to me right away saying even though it shows out of stock, I could still place an order. I replied to both asking if they had any suggestions where to look for firmware files and I have received zero response. That was 10 days ago.

Back