Harley livewire vs zero test drive video

MitchJi

10 MW
[Youtube]TkSARmOrp-I[/youtube]

He’s probably biased, part owner of a Harley dealership. But he does have some reasons that sound good to prefer the Harley. Part of the reason that I’m posting this is because I’d like some opinions on the Harley vs the zero.

A friend said:
The Harley’s specs are not really credible at this point....the Zero has a much more developed BMS and drivetrain....

This bike is much more exciting
http://lightningmotorcycle.com/product/specifications/

The price is just too damned high.

I'm just not seeing it doing well for that much if it even makes it to Australia.
Overall we're a pretty pessimistic bunch when it comes to electrics and range.

Personally I was quite keen on the idea until I saw the price (estimated 40K AUD when it releases in 2020 here).
That's not much short of something like a Nissan Leaf.

Now I love me some motorbikes, electrics... but 40K AUD is going to be hard to justify for something that does 177km range and is really not much less than an electric car. The new leaf is expected to be about 50K AUD when it arrives mid-year.

Still, I hope it does come here because Zero aren't even in the country anymore - so I guess Harley wins by default. :lol:
What a sad state of affairs - for a country gifted with so much solar potential we sure do like fossil fuels.

:pancake:

I've been riding a Zero DS for 5 years now, 27 thousand miles since buying it brand new. So with that in mind, let me say this guy may be a motorcycle guy, but he clearly doesn't understand EVs, and especially Zero lineup.

Now the only really interesting thing he kept talking about was Level 3 charging. He again gave some strange inconsistent information about that capability in LiveWire, so I'm not even sure that's a thing. And I mean ChaDemo or CCS, because when it comes to charging at home Zero can be charged as fast as cells allow, and some people accomplish that on the road as well.

Back