DP-Ninja 8000W 72V 100MPH

Chillax

1 mW
Anyone buy one of these? Thoughts?

https://nextuptrends.com/products/copy-of-dp-ninja-electric-motorcycle-scooter-e-bike-5000w-72v-pink-adult-motorcycle-1?variant=13244718645309

Chillax said:

https://nextuptrends.com/products/copy-of-dp-ninja-electric-motorcycle-scooter-e-bike-5000w-72v-pink-adult-motorcycle-1?variant=13244718645309

I have a very similar bike, but it was a DIY build, didn't purchase it already made. Plus I live in the country where they are produced, so it's safer to order without fearing scam.

I can tell you that this is a good basis, the frame is a bit crappy but does the job, the front fork is ok, rear one is a bit rubbish but easy to swap.
As for the motor, controller and battery they do not seem to provide the specs on your link, so I couldn't tell. But that information is extremely important, you want a very nice battery for this kind of high power setups, otherwise it will just end up into either a fireball or a dead battery.

The biggest issue is probably to know wether or not this is a reliable supplier, many people get scammed so this is a bit of a gamble.
If you wish to go for a gamble, then don't be stupid: purchase the naked motorbike: without motor, without battery and without controller. It will cost you way less money which is good in case you never receive anything. Plus you'll be able to just drop in a motor, a battery and a controller of your choice, it will be relatively easy and you can make absolutely sure you'll have a quality setup.

Dui said:
Chillax said:

I have a very similar bike, but it was a DIY build, didn't purchase it already made. Plus I live in the country where they are produced, so it's safer to order without fearing scam.

I can tell you that this is a good basis, the frame is a bit crappy but does the job, the front fork is ok, rear one is a bit rubbish but easy to swap.
As for the motor, controller and battery they do not seem to provide the specs on your link, so I couldn't tell. But that information is extremely important, you want a very nice battery for this kind of high power setups, otherwise it will just end up into either a fireball or a dead battery.

The biggest issue is probably to know wether or not this is a reliable supplier, many people get scammed so this is a bit of a gamble.
If you wish to go for a gamble, then don't be stupid: purchase the naked motorbike: without motor, without battery and without controller. It will cost you way less money which is good in case you never receive anything. Plus you'll be able to just drop in a motor, a battery and a controller of your choice, it will be relatively easy and you can make absolutely sure you'll have a quality setup.

This is what I'm hoping to learn by coming here. They say they've sold 500 in the US - hoping someone here would have heard of them.

Well I wouldn't trust that statement, especially since there are so few customers reviews on their website.
They also have an ebay account, with 13 reviews, all unrelated to their ebikes (they sell various other things like irons, deep friers and other weird stuff). I have a hard time to believe that if they really did sell 500 of these there wouldn't be much more comments than this.

Their website doesn't seem to give any information about where this company is supposed to be located.
They're using a gmail address, which is a bit weird for a legit company (though not totally impossible, just a bit unprofessional).

Maybe you should try to find out where they are located and go see for yourself, if it's not too far from you. Or maybe some nice folk of the forum could go and have a look if it's too far. Other than that I wouldn't really take that bet, 5000 bucks is a lot of money to get scammed.

Seems like it happened recently to this fella for a similar bike, I don't think the seller is the same though:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=98217

It will not achieve 100mph on flat ground, in still conditions, with 8000W. That would require at least double that power. Perhaps they mean it is rated at 8000W continuous with much higher peak power available, but they don't make that apparent in the specs and even if that is the case, that peak would only be available for a very short period of time. Perhaps they mean 100mph when ridden off a cliff, in which case their quoted top speed is quite conservative.

I'm trying to build one with slightly higher performance than that, using the same frame.

From the feedback I've been given, there is no way those performance specs are real.

From owning a Vectrix, I do know cruising about 60mph on the flat takes about 8-9kw,

Sunder said:
I'm trying to build one with slightly higher performance than that, using the same frame.

From the feedback I've been given, there is no way those performance specs are real.

From owning a Vectrix, I do know cruising about 60mph on the flat takes about 8-9kw,

My motorbike has a 3000W rated motor and is happy to reach 120km/h (75mph)
That being said, the actual power drawn from the battery at this speed (according to my smart BMS) is around 8KW.

No problem at all, it works perfectly fine.

If this bike has a 8000W rated motor, I'm 100% sure it can reach 100mph without any problem. Whether or not it will reach this speed will only depend on its controller, and/or its battery voltage.

Dui said:
My motorbike has a 3000W rated motor and is happy to reach 120km/h (75mph)
That being said, the actual power drawn from the battery at this speed (according to my smart BMS) is around 8KW.

No problem at all, it works perfectly fine.

If this bike has a 8000W rated motor, I'm 100% sure it can reach 100mph without any problem. Whether or not it will reach this speed will only depend on its controller, and/or its battery voltage.

I guess it goes to show how rubbery these specifications are (in general. As eBikes.ca says, there's no such thing as an X watt motor). You could reach that speed, but there's no way you'd be able to sustain it without a thermal rollback.

I'm building a QS 273 (8kw) model, powered by a Kelly KLS-14401 8080. The winding I chose should have a no load speed of 153km/h at 144v, (the nominal for my battery), so maybe around 125km/h, or a touch more with field weakening.

I have been told by the manufacturer, 21-23kw is safe for up to 30 seconds, so I have no doubts I can get pretty close to no-load speed for significant periods of time.

The winding on that bike to be able to get to a real world 105mph (according to the review), on only 72v must be insane.

Anyway, I guess I'll see what my bike is like when it's done. But with a much bigger build, I am being told that reaching the specifications they list are a bit of a stretch.

Sunder said:
I guess it goes to show how rubbery these specifications are (in general. As eBikes.ca says, there's no such thing as an X watt motor). You could reach that speed, but there's no way you'd be able to sustain it without a thermal rollback.

I'm building a QS 273 (8kw) model, powered by a Kelly KLS-14401 8080. The winding I chose should have a no load speed of 153km/h at 144v, (the nominal for my battery), so maybe around 125km/h, or a touch more with field weakening.

I have been told by the manufacturer, 21-23kw is safe for up to 30 seconds, so I have no doubts I can get pretty close to no-load speed for significant periods of time.

The winding on that bike to be able to get to a real world 105mph (according to the review), on only 72v must be insane.

Anyway, I guess I'll see what my bike is like when it's done. But with a much bigger build, I am being told that reaching the specifications they list are a bit of a stretch.

I think you are underestimating a little these motors. I don't really know where their ratings actually come from, but in my experience they are quite underrated.
My bike's config is a QS 3000W 16 inches hub motor, with a Sabvoton controller boosted at 510 Amps per phase and a 76V Battery. Without flux weakening I was reaching something like 95km/h on flat roads, and with my current flux weakening setup it is around 120. I don't actually remember how my flux weakening is set, probably around 50Amps but I'm not entirely sure.

I reach this top speed every day since I have a few relatively long straight lines between where I live and my workplace, and it sometimes get real hot during summer here. Never had a problem with the motor overheating so far, it still works fine (2 years already). What seems to make it heat the most is acceleration actually, probably because it doesn't stay in its most efficient range.

My old scooter had a 10 inches 2000W motor with a Sabvoton controller @350Amps per phase and was able to reach 100kmh with the flux weakening. Had it for around 4 years and it still works fine.

That being said, I live in a big city, so it is possible that it might be a different story if you ride on a freeway for more than 10 minutes at that speed. But realistically, who does that?

You're the first person to tell me I haven't under spec'd my build. I hope you're right.

I'm not expecting a Hayabusa out of this, but I wanted something closer to a 600cc performance, (0-100 at least) than a 250cc.

Sunder said:
You're the first person to tell me I haven't under spec'd my build. I hope you're right.

I'm not expecting a Hayabusa out of this, but I wanted something closer to a 600cc performance, (0-100 at least) than a 250cc.

It depends what kind of 600cc you're targeting since they vary quite a lot in specs depending on which one.
I never tried this controller of yours, but according to the specs it seems pretty good, 400Phase amps at 144V isn't bad at all.

I can't really say precisely what you should expect from it, but to give you an idea, we used the 8KW motor together with a Mobipus 72600 and a 76 V battery, and got around 5 sec on 0-100km/h. I suppose your bike will do better than this because your voltage is quite higher, so probably less losses and less motor saturation (Motor saturation is likely to be why we couldn't get better accel figures in our case)

Anyway, you'll have a lot of fun with your bike, it won't be weak that's for sure!

The price is good, but 8000W is not enough to sustain or even hit 100mph.
When i see false claims from vendors, i tend to step away. It is a sign of more bullshit to come as an owner. What else were they not being honest about?

neptronix said:
When i see false claims from vendors, i tend to step away. It is a sign of more bullshit to come as an owner. What else were they not being honest about?

Something the Chinese don't yet understand about (web-savvy) American buyers. They assume "there is a sucker born every minute and two to take them". Wait, that was a PT Barnum quote!

MJSfoto1956 said:
neptronix said:

Something the Chinese don't yet understand about (web-savvy) American buyers. They assume "there is a sucker born every minute and two to take them". Wait, that was a PT Barnum quote!

Problem is, they're right. I've seen someone selling 12,000mah 18650s, and hundreds of 5 star reviews gushing about how good they are, and how it gets a longer life on their torch/vape etc.

1000 smart people might have left them alone, but 100s still got ripped off.

Sunder said:

Agree 100%. But it leaves a really bad taste in the mouth. The good news is that some are starting to rise above the fray -- most are run by either Westerners or those who grew up in the west, for whom your reputation is everything. Think Denzel and EM3EV to name just two.

So after reading all this, it seems to be *possible* this is a legit bike, but none of you have heard of anyone that bought one from this site without any issues?

It's too bad there isn't an easier way to confirm if something like this is bullshit. :cry:

Chillax said:
So after reading all this, it seems to be *possible* this is a legit bike, but none of you have heard of anyone that bought one from this site without any issues?

It's too bad there isn't an easier way to confirm if something like this is bullshit. :cry:

You can try a buyers agent in China? Not cheap, but cheaper than losing $6k+

MJSfoto1956 said:
Sunder said:
Problem is, they're right. I've seen someone selling 12,000mah 18650s, and hundreds of 5 star reviews gushing about how good they are, and how it gets a longer life on their torch/vape etc.

Maybe, just maybe, before starting to trash talk the chinese, it could be good to make sure that this seller is indeed chinese. :wink:
I see nothing on their website that can lead to this conclusion, the phone number seems to be a US format and they use a gmail address, which is not available in China (at least not without using a VPN, which would be a hassle), the english doesn't seem too bad to me.
The bikes are manufactured in China, that's for sure, but what isn't?

Soooo.... yeah, maybe good to check before accusing a whole country :lol:

Dui said:
Soooo.... yeah, maybe good to check before accusing a whole country :lol:

I was referring to the gullible buyers, not to an entire nation.

I spend >$10,000 a year on Chinese made products, mostly through Aliexpress, and I have no issues with the vast majority of sellers. However, I do check specifications for any international purchases more carefully, especially those I know that have weaker consumer protection. You try to sell a 12000mAh 18650 battery here in Australia, and although it will take 6 months+ to get enough complaints to take you down, you will be taken down, so as long as a shop has been around for a few years, I tend to take what they claim at face value. I tend to check more carefully for internationally sourced products.

Back