Petersen Museum Electric Motorcycles Exhibit

MJSfoto1956

10 kW
So awesome! Im going to have to visit that exhibit! Thank you for sharing pictures!

It seems like they passed over a whole lot of history in the making of this "museum". Maybe "showcase" would have been a better description?

Chalo said:
It seems like they passed over a whole lot of history in the making of this "museum". Maybe "showcase" would have been a better description?

To be fair. It is an exhibit. The rest of the museum probably has a lot of museum-stuff in it.

Many inspiring pictures. Thank you for them!

ecustom said:
Chalo said:

To be fair. It is an exhibit. The rest of the museum probably has a lot of museum-stuff in it.

Many inspiring pictures. Thank you for them!

Ah, I see. An electric motorcycle exhibit in a not-specifically-electric-motorcycle museum. The limited range makes more sense in that context.

Great pictures! thanks for posting them.

Some of those bikes are really WTF? More art than engineering.

armandd said:
Nice! Thanks for sharing these.. :bigthumb: What's the name of the white and orange bicycle?

Specialized made a bike to sort of give the finger to the UCI and their restrictions on bicycles.

It's not so subtly named the fUCI - more pics and info:
https://newatlas.com/fuci-specialized/39154/

fechter said:
Great pictures! thanks for posting them.

Some of those bikes are really WTF? More art than engineering.

Not having exhausts and a huge engine dominating the frame really leaves it open for more art on a bike.
It's kind of cool and must be quite liberating for designers.

The racer-X (http://www.bikeexif.com/extreme-electric-motorcycle-concept) bike has got to be one of the most uncomfortable bikes in the exhibit to ride and well, it's certainly something to look at. Something something.
Wouldn't want to be pedestrian straying in front of any bike really but that one has got to take the cake for most likely to impale you :p

extreme-electric-motorcycle-concept-6-625x417.jpg

Has there been a worse seat? I suppose there has but ouch.

My favourite concept that's hit the tarmac is still the Saietta, for some reason I love the shape.
1.jpg

Some of the more recent ones looked worse for whatever reason.

Wonder how they're doing as a company.

Anyway I am off-topic... that custom Zero Supermoto looks great.

Back