Wuxing 29dx throttle: how to make red button work?

turbinetek

1 µW
Can someone tell me what the red button switch wires plug into on the controller, i have a 48v 1000w scooter and i have the hall wires and indicator plugged into controller but the red button isnt plugged in, ive been told it is the turbo button switch but dont know where it goes on controller, any ideas please?. scooter just has one speed at the moment.

It would be most helpful if you where to provide information on the scooter, but more importantly on the controller. Make and model, link, picture ETC... to get a handle on the wiring and features.

Regards,
T.C.

turbinetek said:
Can someone tell me what the red button switch wires plug into on the controller, i have a 48v 1000w scooter and i have the hall wires and indicator plugged into controller but the red button isnt plugged in, ive been told it is the turbo button switch but dont know where it goes on controller, any ideas please?. scooter just has one speed at the moment.
It is just a button. Some are momentary (only work when holding it), most are push on, push off.

What that button does depends on what you connect it to, and what that connected thing does.

If you want it to be a turbo button, you have to find out first if your scooter controller has a turbo mode, and then you'll need to know which wires activate that, to hook to the button. If it does not have a turbo mode, then this switch cannot be used to do that (no switch can).

If there are other functions it has that can be switched with a single pair of wires, then you can use this switch for any one of those functions.

Some people use the switches for cutting power to the throttle, so even with the scooter "on" a mistake with the hand on the bars won't send it flying. To do that, you put hte switch in series with the 5v line to the throttle.

Thanks for the reply amberwolf, as far as i know when i ordered the controller the guy new what throttle i was using and he mentioned the turbo button, the plugs i have left on the controller are a spare indicator, brake lights, brake, and 12v power, I cant see where the turbo button wire would plug into any of these, also do you know what plug on the controller will cut the motor when i use the brake as it still runs when i brake which is a bit of a safety issue, appologies for all question but im new to this and trying my best to work it out, thanks.

TommyCat said:
It would be most helpful if you where to provide information on the scooter, but more importantly on the controller. Make and model, link, picture ETC... to get a handle on the wiring and features.
Until you provide more info no one knows anything about your controller, turbinetek.

turbinetek said:
the plugs i have left on the controller are a spare indicator, brake lights, brake, and 12v power, I cant see where the turbo button wire would plug into any of these,

As noted before, if it does not have a pair of wires specifically for "turbo" then it does not have a turbo mode and that button cannot be used to control a turbo mode until you purchase a controller that does have a turbo mode.

If a cotnroler does not have a function, adding a switch to control it doesn't add the function.

Regarding brake, etc: If you want to know what wires connect to what, including brake wires, you need to get the wiring diagram from the manufacturer.

Sometimes the sellers have these, but they usualy don't have the actual diagram for a specific controller, they jsut have some wiring diagram that is from some controller that may have nothing to do with yours.

If you already have this diagram, and you want us to help you figure out what connects where, you must attach this to your post so we can see it. Otherwise only you can see it, and we can't read it to help you.

Preferably also post all the other details about the controller, like where it is from, model and brand, etc., as someone might know more about it from that info if they've already encountered one before.

YOu could try hooking the brake lever wires from the brake wire to ground; it might work. If it doen't you could try it from brake to 12v. We can't know which, if either, of those will work, or if they will fry something in the controller (unlikely), as you have told us nothing useful about your controller.

Note that there are many controllers that have an *option* for a function, but do not have the wires brought out to the outside.

Some of those controllers have the option enabled so you can open them up and solder wires in for it, but you must know exactly what pads to solder them to, and they aren't usually marked with the function name.

If you don't know what they are, then you would have to contact the manufacturer of that specific controller to find out (they probably wont' even answer, but if they do probably won't tell you (probably won't understand what you're asking).

Sometimes you can find "similar" controllers in various thread here on the forum, where people have modded or reviewed them (takes a lot of reading/searching) and find pictures with labels of what they found, but there's only a small chance yours will work the same as theirs.

More often, the function isn't even enabled, so even adding the wires doesn't help, as that controller didn't ahve the wires becuase it didn't have the function.

Which, if any, of these applies to your controller, we can't know, especially without even knowing the name / model of controller, or any informatoin whatsoever about it. (at this point, we don't even know if you have a brushed controller or a brushless one).

If you happen to have a controller that has a "three speed" connnector, you could wire up the center wire and the "high" wire to the switch, so it would engage "speed 3" of those. If teh controller is programemd to do so at teh factory, then this will give you some form of increased speed or power; how much and exactly waht depends on the controller, batteyr, motor, riding conditions, etc.

Wow a lot of info there, thanks. I will get name / make of controller and give as much detail as possible, I had the scooter out yesterday on full charge and it only lasted about 45mins and i wasnt really thrashing it so think it may need new batteries, done a test on each one and they were 13.5v and only dropped 1v under load, the whole pack was 53v and dropped to 46v under load, that seems odd to me! let me know what you think and i will get back with other details you mentioned previous, thanks again your help is much appreciated.

Back