Laser battery processing

Doctorbass

100 GW
A suggestion for these needs:

- Battery Tab Laser cleaning for ultrasonic & laser welding
- Battery case Laser cleaning for structural battery adhesives and Thermal Interface material bonding
- Battery laser marking for tracability, exemple DMC codes, brand and part numbers etc
- Battery case Laser texturing for bonding and thermal transfer applications
- Battery laser welding.

https://www.laserax.com/batteries

[youtube]S_j89Cs1dcA[/youtube]

Doc

I've been really impressed with that style of interconnect for prismatics. Great joint strength that tears the bus bar metal apart trying to remove it (unless you hole-saw from above right on the weld nugget area). :bolt:

That prismatic looks like its got both terminals aluminum, very convenient.

liveforphysics said:
I've been really impressed with that style of interconnect for prismatics. Great joint strength that tears the bus bar metal apart trying to remove it (unless you hole-saw from above right on the weld nugget area). :bolt:

That prismatic looks like its got both terminals aluminum, very convenient.

Oh yes! In fact we only wanted to show a welding for the video shooting so the EVE cell 280 Ah was not supposed to be welded as it was not our cells ! I had previously put a 1 cent copper disc below the busbar to avoid the laser to reach the prismatic tab, however guess what! , our 500 watts laser we used , have melted the aluminum thru the copper and made a very strong weld even with the copper in between!! I never tought it could be possible to make a great keyhole on some 600C and 1500C material temperature melting point in sandwich lol! We had to be two guys to pull the busbar apart from the EVE 280Ah cell tab!!! Aluminum and pulsed IR laser work really good on these!!

On cylindrical cells positive tab we also acheived (weld only) resistance of 11 micro-ohms in only few dozens milisecond weld time and capable of 300N lap shear.. and repeatable with excellent statistics. In fact we have the same resistance as the mixed material with a CQI very close to 1.0 and minimal IMC.

Doc

We are actually exibitor at the BATTERY SHOW or Stuttgart in Germany.

Come ans visit us if you are nearby. We are at the booth D100 in the hall 10.

We brang our ultra fast Battery laser cleaning machine and have cool.people passionated with laser and battery😉

Doc

i love it! that is a myriad of top tier machines!

Back