Daymak Torino/ Emmo Urban/ GigaByke Groove Rebuild

g0brun

100 µW
While scouring Kijiji for a project ebike I came across a Daymak Torino located all the way in Bobcaygeon, instantly thought of The Tragically Hip :D, it was listed for $50 not working. So I contacted the guy and picked it up the next day.

After I got it home and started to tear into I found the following:

Dead SLA Battery Pack
Flat Front and Rear Tire
Front and Rear Brakes
Broken Throttle
Controller?? - Date Code 2012

Here are some photos from the initial teardown
SKy3QBd.jpg

fD7hrBs.jpg

bpA7oXw.jpg

Oph26w4.jpg

At the moment my plans are pretty basic for this bike, I need to get the mechanical portion up to snuff so that it is safe to ride before tackling the electrical part. But I have my eyes on this battery https://batteryhookup.com/products/...2s-44v-20ah-880wh?_pos=1&_sid=d14577978&_ss=r,I might be able to shoe horn it into where the original battery sat under the set.

Any suggestion for a suitable replacement controller, I don't really want to push the motor because the phase wires are smaller than the ones that were coming off the controller :cry:

I've made some progress since my previous post, I've decided to strip ebike bare and forgo running the stock electrical system for the time being.
sCw83WA.jpg

uAeFma3.jpg

I purchased a motor controller and throttle from amazon and was able to decipher the wiring but unfortunately the connectors for the two didn't match so I will need to replace them.

gHsHb0j.jpg

The next and most pressing item to sort out for me are the front and rear brakes as the originals were all non functional. I've sourced possible brake lines for the originals

KnWQn0a.jpg

Its proving more difficult to source the drum brake assemblies, do anyone have suggestions?

9xTFVTT.jpg

3 second search you'll find what you're looking for, on another note, I would find a better fork and upgrade steering

Back