Converted '61 VBB Vespa

Rectrofit

100 µW
I would like to share my latest Vespa project with an EV conversion.
The '61 had been sitting on idle for many years and it was time to start restoring it when I started to look into EV options and
started to talk to Rectrospective scooters in the UK about an EV kit for large frame Vintage Vespa's
I did needed some time to process all the info on going electric and what's involved turns out that the EV Kit is plug and play
some know how on wiring is needed but if I was questioning some the I got all the help needed from them.
The restauration lasted 6 months and I was riding an electric vintage vespa

Attachments

• IMG_1595.JPG
    IMG_1595.JPG
    252 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_1591.JPG
    IMG_1591.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 856
If the charger is from the UK then it may well accept up to 250 volts. If so you can use a J-1772 to NEMA plug adapter to charge faster at EV charging stations, as I do with my Vectrix.

Very nice scooter.

You're right it accept 240v not sure on the fast charge plug need to look into it.
I have 2 batteries and for the trips I make that gives me around 75 miles have not run out yet
Charge is 90 minutes for 80% and 3.5 Hours to full

You don't need an installed J-1772 port. You can use a standalone adapter that has the J-1772 socket on one end and a NEMA socket on the other.

@Rectrofit - super cool. How was the install? do you have any material you could share on the process you followed? I'm considering purchasing a kit from them as well.

What is the maximum speed? Do you have more pictures of the build proces?

Realy love these type of builds/conversions!

Back