Accidental double Razor scooter builds

C_P

1 µW
Introducing myself with my “accidental” recent builds.

It started with my 12 year old wanting to get his old Razor Powercore E100 with dead batteries running again. We opened it up and ordered replacement 7Ah batteries and modified the deck to fit. He was happy, but I decided to look around for something I could ride around with him.

I ended up ordering a “for parts only” Razor EcoSmart Metro off eBay. The thing showed up in a box that looked like it went through a crusher. Somehow the only thing wrong with it was a bent fork that I hammered out. Batteries, charger, throttle, brakes, all worked fine. I then made the mistake of letting him give it a rip. He was immediately underwhelmed by the 10-12mph he was getting on his E100 after experiencing 16+ on the EcoSmart.

I had already decided to modify the EcoSmart by overvolting and/or switching to a brushless motor, so I figured we could pull the guts out of the EcoSmart and convert the 24v Powercore E100 to 36v. Unfortunately the frame was just too small. A couple of Craigslist and OfferUp searches later I scored a non running E200 for $20. The motor was good. We stripped and painted it, redid the deck with a Minecraft theme, got some new batteries, and swapped in the controller/throttle from the EcoSmart. It was a VERY tight fit, but the end product is a blast for him. Plenty of torque, great acceleration, and top speed around 18mph.

64B325DA-947D-4639-8D31-DD0D516CE3CD.jpegB8446ADA-AF9D-444F-A80E-519FC39A6DEB.jpeg

As for my now non functional EcoSmart, I added a fourth battery and swapped in an 1800w 48v controller with a brushless motor - EBay again. All in all a very easy swap. Motor bolted right in with a few new holes, reversed the motor, stock chain and sprockets. It easily goes 24mph, tops out around 27, and gets all 210lbs of me up to speed in a hurry. 12 year old is definitely not allowed to ride it.

CA0A8C42-E211-455A-9469-1042D97D1B51.jpeg
B6CFB7F5-4F3D-47B5-B217-52ED5EE72EA8.jpeg

Can you post some detail picture of how the 48v brushless motor is mount. Also any problem with the bigger motor mounted to the thin steel plate. I just pick up one with a burn motor.
Thanks

Back