New build

63 SPIM08HP cells in a 21s3p pack (88v). 800amp controller and bms. 60t drive sprocket and 38t rear. 32 hp and 300 ft lbs of torque

Getting the wireing buttoned up now. Soon...

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_105036.jpg
    IMG_20210821_105036.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 2,217
  • IMG_20210903_092009.jpg
    IMG_20210903_092009.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 2,217
  • IMG_20210903_092024.jpg
    IMG_20210903_092024.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 2,216
  • IMG_20210830_154642.jpg
    IMG_20210830_154642.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 2,216
Elektrosherpa said:
I like the non-welded battery build :thumb:
This is close to what I am thinking of for my battery build.

Can you say some words about your choice of motor and transmission ratio ?
(in all builds I have seen until now (including my own one), the motor turns FASTER than the rear wheel)

The motor is a car hub motor from qs, its almost the biggest they offer. The idea for the bike was bonneville salt flats top speed and not really accelleration. The motor maxes out at 1000 to 1200 rpms depending on how much voltage is in the battery.

Using a pedal bike gear calculator with the motor as the pedals, and knowing my tire size i can guess the top end speed at 120mph with this gear setup.. I have another 72t drive sprocket
That i may try if this works for 140mph... Im guessing the motor will have enough torque to pull it if it doesnt burn up first.

The goal is 103mph on the salt if the bike is under 330 lbs and 115 mph if it is over 330 lbs

Its unusual yes, i did not copy anything. I think its original atleast

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_074822.jpg
    IMG_20210904_074822.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2,156
SlowCo said:
Interesting build :thumb:
What is the controller brand and type (and its max. voltage)?

Its a fardriver 721800. Its 800 amp constant/1800 amp on 3 phases. It can take 90v max. The motor can take 144v max

I have my eye on their 96v controller and i have more cells if this is not fast enough and i need more volts. Not sure where i can fit more cells tho lol.

I got the wheel spinning last night after figuring out my motor temp protection error.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/p7pWqVxSRFj4/

like the mid mount hub motor get to retain rear wheel and keep weight central , tons of torque :thumb: to be interesting see how weight compares to old fossil engine , does the bike vibrate much from motor spinning , those old Yamaha make great chassis looked nice shiny in the vid ,that solar tracker clip exciting stuff to :wink: have fun on salt :mrgreen:

Greendog said:
like the mid mount hub motor get to retain rear wheel and keep weight central , tons of torque :thumb: to be interesting see how weight compares to old fossil engine , does the bike vibrate much from motor spinning , those old Yamaha make great chassis looked nice shiny in the vid ,that solar tracker clip exciting stuff to :wink: have fun on salt :mrgreen:

There is not much vibration at all so far.
The motor maxes out at 1000 rpms so not bad.

I just got it tuned after struggling with some controller connections.. Im nervous about test driving it now.

It should be about 70 to 80 lbs lighter than stock. Best guess, stripped down.

The paint was my first time spraying urethane. 4 coats of jet black and 4 coats of clear. Still need to wet sand and buff/polish it.

New test vid. Omg. Fixed vid link...
https://www.bitchute.com/video/YY8cQYEhIWEs/

Took my first test drive last night down the driveway. Coming back up the hill the bike shut off. I could smell the bad smoke.

The smoke was coming from the chargery's DCC box. Its supposed to be good to 600 amps but the tiny fan does not seem to be working at all and any load will make it smoke and shut down. Im not sure if my settings are bad or if the DCC is bad but im about done messing with it.

Im going to swap it out with my original bms choice, a reliable 500a daly and try it.

Any one have a better bms alternative , id appreciate any help

So i took out that DCC box and tossed it in the garbage can. Then I connected the 2 wires together and the bike works great so far. I was able to give a few full throttle twists in the driveway and it accelerates great until the rear tire breaks loose.

I can spin the rear tire all the way up the gravel driveway with no problem with no bad smells.

I think i will put on the fairing and take it down the road here in a bit.

I just hit 80mph and it was still pulling hard when i backed off.

Whew...

I saw 385 amps and the needle was over 20,000 watts at full throttle doing 60mph.

Hit 90 mph today. It was still pulling hard. I need a closed road or track now...

See you at bonnevile lads.

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_162651.jpg
    IMG_20210925_162651.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 1,775
Wow that sounds like a resounding succes, well done! Actually, it seems like one. I'd love to hear what it sounds like! [emoji6]

Out of interest have you weighed it yet?

Any plans to fit more battery in there?

cheers
Tyler

Cool.

Imagine what you could do with a good battery.

What's the 1/8 mile time and what's the final drive ratio?

tylerwatts said:
Wow that sounds like a resounding succes, well done! Actually, it seems like one. I'd love to hear what it sounds like! [emoji6]

Out of interest have you weighed it yet?

Any plans to fit more battery in there?

cheers
Tyler

Thanks, i will post a short clip were the wind noise is lower. Sorry its just cell phone vid.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/H3Yh5Hc9MF9o/

I will try and weigh it on 2 bathroom scales or i will hit the truck stop scale once it quits raining. I have a little more room under the pack now in front of the motor but not much room really

DogDipstick said:
Cool.

Imagine what you could do with a good battery.

What's the 1/8 mile time and what's the final drive ratio?

I was shooting for 2 miles at full throttle. Not sure if im there yet.... I got 8 miles cruising the other day and still had some juice left

. Trying to book track time or find a closed road now.

Edit: what would be a good battery in your opinion?

My drive sprocket is 60t and the rear wheel is 38t. I have a 72t drive sprocket to try next for more top end.

I think i figured out a way to fit 100ah cells into the same tank space giving me 4x more battery capacity.

Sunny day, so at 90 mph, the rpm gauge says i'm doing 700 rpms on the motor.

On the stand it hits 1100 rpms then it throttles back to 1000 rpms.

New cells should be here soon.

Those SPIM08HP cells are impressive. I'm thinking about build a pack for my Ryobi electric riding mower with them.
I like the bolt-together nature of them. Plus, they have damed impressive current capability.

I'm definitely looking forward to see where this goes!

jas67 said:
Those SPIM08HP cells are impressive. I'm thinking about build a pack for my Ryobi electric riding mower with them.
I like the bolt-together nature of them. Plus, they have damed impressive current capability.

I'm definitely looking forward to see where this goes!

I really like them also. I wish the capacity was a bit higher per cell but they can sure dump the amps...

My last speed run drained the battery in less than a mile so new cells should fix that.. Lol

Back