SEVCON Gen4 jittery motor problem

Titien

10 µW
Hello,

I'm currently converting a Piaggio Ape 50 3 wheeled italian "tuktuk". I'm using in the build a 3kw "mid drive" motor, connected to original shaft via a chain, with a 5:1 reduction ratio.
The motor is driven by a Sevcon Gen4 controller. I have DVT software and Ixxaat USB to Can adapter, and I have a somewhat good understanding of the software and controller configuration.

However, my chain isn't perfectly tensioned, as the pulley isn't perfectly centered. So after any acceleration, when the vehicle comes to coasting, the motor is very jittery and transmits a strong vibration to the entire vehicle.

My guess is that there's some parameters to change in the pid control of the motor, but I have no clue where to start.

is there any Sevcon Wizard here who could help me ?

I know I could put on a chain tensioner but I'd really like to patch this issue software wise.

Thank you :)

Are you still using the setup from here, but now with a Sevcon instead of the Kelly?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=99282&p=1453654#p1455410
Just to eliminate it as an issue, since no replies occured after that, was the hall ground problem repaired?

Oh ! I completly forgot about that thread :eek: I'll post a follow up there when project is finished.

To answer your question, I have completly changed the setup and ditched the revolt motor.

The setup is now comprised of an unknown 3.3kw motor (brushless with position sensor on the shaft) and a SEVCON Gen4. Both are taken from a working salvage e-scooter. So I have the right DCF for that motor.

I just want to change some parameters to get it less prone to vibrating when chain is not perfectly tensionned.

Back