Knowing

rogerI0

10 µW
Hello, this is my first time in this forum. I want to make an electrical installation of an electric scooter but I don't know the measurements, cable colors, types of connectors etc, if someone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.[emoji28]

Enviado desde mi moto g(7) power mediante Tapatalk

Without "knowing" what, exactly and specifically, that you have there, we can't know what colors of what wires you have, or where they go.

You'll need to at minimum post links to the pages you bought each item from.

It would also be helpful for you to post clear pictures of the actual items you actually have, that clearly show each entire item, it's wiring, and it's connectors, and any labelling that the items have.

If your scooter has existing items you are replacing, then all available details about those and your scooter itself will be helpful.

Then state clearly exactly what you want to do, and what you want the system to do for you once it is complete, under what conditions, such as how fast you want it to go, and how far do you want to go at that speed, on what terrain (including the slope and length of any hills), what kind of roads or paths (paved, rock, sand, etc), riding style (hard acceleration, slowly getting up to speed, start/stop traffic, continuous riding, etc).

That way we can try to make sure you have the right parts for the job, and possibly advise what else you might need that you don't already have.

rogerI0 said:
Hello, this is my first time in this forum. I want to make an electrical installation of an electric scooter but I don't know the measurements, cable colors, types of connectors etc, if someone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.[emoji28]

amberwolf said:
Without "knowing" what, exactly and specifically, that you have there, we can't know what colors of what wires you have, or where they go.

It would also be helpful for you to post clear pictures of the actual items you actually have, that clearly show each entire item, it's wiring, and it's connectors, and any labelling that the items have.

If your scooter has existing items you are replacing, then all available details about those and your scooter itself will be helpful.

Then state clearly exactly what you want to do, and what you want the system to do for you once it is complete, under what conditions, such as how fast you want it to go, and how far do you want to go at that speed, on what terrain (including the slope and length of any hills), what kind of roads or paths (paved, rock, sand, etc), riding style (hard acceleration, slowly getting up to speed, start/stop traffic, continuous riding, etc).

That way we can try to make sure you have the right parts for the job, and possibly advise what else you might need that you don't already have.

rogerI0 said:

Hmmm, the electric installation isn't for me. I'm just trying to make one. I've seen the electric installation of electric scooters like Águila,AVA model Puma, Rali and some other models commercialized in Cuba, but so far I haven't been able to take a closer look to wiring. I would like to make the wiring for a controller Votol EM 50/100/150 ( one of the most commercialized controllers in Cuba). And yes I'm trying to learn how to make the wiring in order to sell them, I need to money[emoji28]. So far I haven't been able to find much about the wiring of electric scooters in the internet (google) so I'm trying to learn here.

amberwolf said:

rogerI0 said:

Wright now i just want the basics functions, I don't know all the functions, if u could tell me basics or all of the functions. U asked me about the terrain here the terrain is paved/rocky. The speed here is for the city and suburbs. I'm trying to learn almost from 0 [emoji28].

I think that i could resume it in the fact that I'm trying to make the wiring for scooters like Águila,AVA models Puma and Alcon,Rali,Mishozuki (scooters commercialized in Cuba).

If you want to make and sell wiring harnesses for scooters, you would need to actually trace out the existing wiring on each of those scooters, and build matching wiring harnesses with matching connectors. There aren't wiring diagrams, etc., available for any of these, unless you make them yourself. If you don't have access to the scooters to do this, you would probably have to buy one of each in order to do it.

If you want to make wiring harnesses that allow installation of different controllers than the originals, you'd need to still do the first part above, and then also get the wiring diagram for each different controller brand and model you want to use, from the controller manufacturers (the sellers rarely have useful information), and then determine which parts of those wiring diagrams match the ones you make yourself for each scooter. Any parts that don't match, you would have to figure out if those are necessary functions, or not, and if they're necessary, you'd have to add wiring and connectors to the harnesses to match those, going to whatever other parts you have to add to the scooters to make those functions work.

What functions each controller has you would have to find out from the manufacturer of each controller, if you can't get that information from the places you buy them from, and it isn't in the manuals for them.

Similarly, to find out the functions of each thing on the scooters, you'd either have to determine yourself by tracing the wiring out and testing each function, or get that information from each scooter manufacturer, if it isn't available from the sellers and isn't in the manuals for them.

There are threads here on the forum that you can look for and read for various controller models that may have some wiring and function info, including each of the Votol controllers you reference. Similarly there are threads for scooters of various models that members here have modified that might have some information about them, but none of them I've seen has wiring harness diagrams or other info you would need to make your own to sell from.

rogerI0 said:
Hmmm, the electric installation isn't for me. I'm just trying to make one. I've seen the electric installation of electric scooters like Águila,AVA model Puma, Rali and some other models commercialized in Cuba, but so far I haven't been able to take a closer look to wiring. I would like to make the wiring for a controller Votol EM 50/100/150 ( one of the most commercialized controllers in Cuba). And yes I'm trying to learn how to make the wiring in order to sell them, I need to money[emoji28]. So far I haven't been able to find much about the wiring of electric scooters in the internet (google) so I'm trying to learn here.

rogerI0 said:
I think that i could resume it in the fact that I'm trying to make the wiring for scooters like Águila,AVA models Puma and Alcon,Rali,Mishozuki (scooters commercialized in Cuba).
rogerI0 said:
Wright now i just want the basics functions, I don't know all the functions, if u could tell me basics or all of the functions.

rogerI0 said:
U asked me about the terrain here the terrain is paved/rocky. The speed here is for the city and suburbs. I'm trying to learn almost from 0 [emoji28].

I only asked those questions because your post sounded like you were wanting to build your own scooter for your own riding. Since that's not the case, then those questions don't apply.

amberwolf said:
If you want to make and sell wiring harnesses for scooters, you would need to actually trace out the existing wiring on each of those scooters, and build matching wiring harnesses with matching connectors. There aren't wiring diagrams, etc., available for any of these, unless you make them yourself. If you don't have access to the scooters to do this, you would probably have to buy one of each in order to do it.

If you want to make wiring harnesses that allow installation of different controllers than the originals, you'd need to still do the first part above, and then also get the wiring diagram for each different controller brand and model you want to use, from the controller manufacturers (the sellers rarely have useful information), and then determine which parts of those wiring diagrams match the ones you make yourself for each scooter. Any parts that don't match, you would have to figure out if those are necessary functions, or not, and if they're necessary, you'd have to add wiring and connectors to the harnesses to match those, going to whatever other parts you have to add to the scooters to make those functions work.

What functions each controller has you would have to find out from the manufacturer of each controller, if you can't get that information from the places you buy them from, and it isn't in the manuals for them.

Similarly, to find out the functions of each thing on the scooters, you'd either have to determine yourself by tracing the wiring out and testing each function, or get that information from each scooter manufacturer, if it isn't available from the sellers and isn't in the manuals for them.

There are threads here on the forum that you can look for and read for various controller models that may have some wiring and function info, including each of the Votol controllers you reference. Similarly there are threads for scooters of various models that members here have modified that might have some information about them, but none of them I've seen has wiring harness diagrams or other info you would need to make your own to sell from.

rogerI0 said:

rogerI0 said:
rogerI0 said:
Wright now i just want the basics functions, I don't know all the functions, if u could tell me basics or all of the functions.
Thanks @amberwolf, now i have a clue from where to start. [emoji1] Since there's no or very little ido about the wiring harnesses on the internet, I'll experiment and see how it end.

Back