Can anyone identify this Hub Motor?

StultusEst

10 µW
Hi,

First question: would anyone here happen to know what specific hub motor this is? I believe it is a QS 3500w hub motor but I'm not sure. I wasn't able to find any information online about it. The only markings on it are "ender.cn". Its on a X-treme xm-3500 li. I'm not sure if the exterior design is specific to one certain hub motor, or if there's multiple types that share the same look.

Second question: How would I go about finding the information needed to program a kelly controller for use with this hub motor? What settings are the most important, and what settings could I ballpark and then adjust? For example if I found settings for a QS 5000w hub motor could I modify those and use them for this one? Thank you for your time! :thumb: image.png

Looks like an older QS motor, could also be a clone. Either way, your Kelly shouldn't have any trouble driving this motor.
After you're done with auto identify, you may need to tweak some basic settings like throttle dead zone, battery voltage and current.
I usually max the torque settings also.

Your settings will be based off what your battery can output, not what the motor can receive.

The real question is, what battery are you working with? Your battery specs will determine most of your settings, not so much what the motor can receive.

Edit:
Also, this thread section on the form is more of a build thread. Maybe if one of the mods could move this to the right section. You’ll probably get more input being in the right section.

One consideration will be what top speed you want to go.

That type of motor can take a pretty wide voltage input, so figuring out how fast it spins for a given voltage (kv rating) leads you to what battery voltage you'll want, to be happy with the final speed.

And yes, multiple ones look similar, one big difference being how many turns the coils are wound with inside, which controls the kv, and can be hard to tell externally unless there's production codes on the outside.

Most of the maxi scooters that motor came on ran on 60v nominal packs maybe?
And it's been a while, but I think the difference in the Xtreme 3500 watt and 5000 watt models was on the controller and battery end to supply more amps, but used the same motor.

Posting here and there, trying to find info as well on the X-treme Green as well.. mainly a display info issue. any help is appreciated.
i have acquired one of these as well. Has a newish battery in it too.

Back