Charge controller for li ion 20S

I’m building a charger using 2 pcs of 24v 20A power supply connected in series. The 48v is then stepped up using 1800w boost converter to 82v. To charge my 20S9P li ion battery.

My question is; I’m looking for a way to shut off the charging when the voltage reach 82V. I’m thinking about using xh m604 but the maximum voltage is only 60v. Is there any workaround this setup, or any other solutions?

Any help is appreciated...

If your over complicated setup is putting out 82v then. Wouldn’t it charge to 82v and float at that voltage until unplugged. Anyone out there more knowledgeable to explain this? Why don’t you just buy an charger for a 20s they are cheap. Do you want a final voltage of 82v with 20s or 84v. You can use Schotty diodes to reduce the voltage by small increments to get to desired voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a "Hawkeye 808" to monitor the input current and stop the charge at undercurrent ( of the line) or overcurrent ( of the line). Trips a relay disconnection at a certain mA adjustable.

DogDipstick said:
I use a "Hawkeye 808" to monitor the input current and stop the charge at undercurrent ( of the line) or overcurrent ( of the line). Trips a relay disconnection at a certain mA adjustable.

Does it work for DC ? The datasheet doesn't say. Seems to imply AC (since it is line powered by induction).

serious_sam said:
DogDipstick said:

Does it work for DC ? The datasheet doesn't say. Seems to imply AC (since it is line powered by induction).

Yes it is passively powered by induction of the AC input.

( I use it on the 110/220v AC line from the wall... ) ( the current/power that the power supplies push( in amps) is/are pulled, and this AC current is what I am monitoring, and using to trip @ the desired termination current.... the AC imput current into the supplies, not the dc current from the supplies. This assures me that under any condition.. if the power supplies go dead and the relays still have voltage.. the relay is tripped, diconnecting the pack fromits dc input... the trip signal is adjustable for the lower end.. ie, you can set it to trip when the current is under (x) amps... So the ( dc side ) pack reaches ( termination ) voltage ( max V. that the supplies are set at) the current being provided by the supplies also derops ( current from the wall) ( the ac crossing current) and I use this to trip a DC rated relay and disconnect the pack.

I have it set to terminate the charge when the current from the wall reaches about a 1 amp threshold... Running I pull a good 8-12 amps, depending on SOC..... then the pack fills, reaches ~ set voltage, and the DC disconnect relay trips ( and stays tripped, for the AC side of the power supply must take/move/pull power( the current) to " untrip" and the pack has reaches the ( set chosen) termination voltage. ( I have an override switch for a momentary action that begins the charge for this action at the beginning of a charge. ) ( another benefit is I never get sparks ( cause the main disconnect is handled by rated relays.. )

Yeah? Well, it works well.

It will also trip the relay if for any reason there is to much current on the AC side comming from the wall... ( short, anywhere downstream.. )

It works. People have asked for the exact schematic ( the relay ladder and whatnot.. ) . Im lazy so I havnt drawn one up.

DogDipstick said:
( I use it on the 110/220v AC line from the wall... ) ( the current/power that the power supplies push( in amps) is/are pulled, and this AC current is what I am monitoring, and using to trip @ the desired termination current.... the AC imput current into the supplies, not the dc current from the supplies.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

DogDipstick said:
serious_sam said:
DogDipstick said:

Yes it is passively powered by induction of the AC input.

( I use it on the 110/220v AC line from the wall... ) ( the current/power that the power supplies push( in amps) is/are pulled, and this AC current is what I am monitoring, and using to trip @ the desired termination current.... the AC imput current into the supplies, not the dc current from the supplies. This assures me that under any condition.. if the power supplies go dead and the relays still have voltage.. the relay is tripped, diconnecting the pack fromits dc input... the trip signal is adjustable for the lower end.. ie, you can set it to trip when the current is under (x) amps... So the ( dc side ) pack reaches ( termination ) voltage ( max V. that the supplies are set at) the current being provided by the supplies also derops ( current from the wall) ( the ac crossing current) and I use this to trip a DC rated relay and disconnect the pack.

I have it set to terminate the charge when the current from the wall reaches about a 1 amp threshold... Running I pull a good 8-12 amps, depending on SOC..... then the pack fills, reaches ~ set voltage, and the DC disconnect relay trips ( and stays tripped, for the AC side of the power supply must take/move/pull power( the current) to " untrip" and the pack has reaches the ( set chosen) termination voltage. ( I have an override switch for a momentary action that begins the charge for this action at the beginning of a charge. ) ( another benefit is I never get sparks ( cause the main disconnect is handled by rated relays.. )

Yeah? Well, it works well.

It will also trip the relay if for any reason there is to much current on the AC side comming from the wall... ( short, anywhere downstream.. )

It works. People have asked for the exact schematic ( the relay ladder and whatnot.. ) . Im lazy so I havnt drawn one up.

Thank u for your explanation

Back