How remove one parralel row from battery?

pbert

1 W
i have built a 14S4P pack with nickel strips as usial and would now like to remove 1 of the 4 parralel rows so i end up with a 14S3P. I would ideally like to keep the series connections for the single row that will be removed so would like to remove it from pack by cutting the parralel connections. Is this safe or is my pack going to transform into a nice sunday fireworks display ;)
thanks.

because i want the battery to fit inside my bikes frame. currently doesnt fit but it would if i remove a series row... why do you say its a lot of work?

Depending on the packs design. You would need just discharge the pack to near zero. Or 2.8volt per cell. Get the demel out and probably cut the nickel strip like 15 times without cutting the cans. Small 3p packs are very hard on the cells. Less power sharing. We would need pics or link to your battery. For true advise.

I would put a popsicle stick between the can and the nickel before I try to cut it. At the positive end and if you cut through the tab and touch the can fireworks.

here is the battery i built. i would like to remove the bottom row opposite the bms. thanks.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1560113968229.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560113968229.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 788
What kind of dinky kidbike do you have, that you can't fit that pack?

Chalo said:

hehe, a santa cruz V10 ...

Attachments

• IMG_20190609_185536_01.jpg
    IMG_20190609_185536_01.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 768
pbert said:
Chalo said:

The power to run that bike is supposed to come from a ski lift.

Maybe try one of these. :D

https://bicyclist.xyz/provisions/lost-tech/bushido-1987-two-wheeled-nostalgia/

1987_Bushido04-1.jpg

999zip999 said:
What motor and controller are you running and at what amps ? I cleaned up my two earlier post at a couple misspelling

BBSHD stock at 30 amps.

Chalo said:
pbert said:
Chalo said:

The power to run that bike is supposed to come from a ski lift.

Maybe try one of these. :D

https://bicyclist.xyz/provisions/lost-tech/bushido-1987-two-wheeled-nostalgia/

1987_Bushido04-1.jpg
read the article, pretty impressive bike for the times at 25 pounds ...

so lets get back to the question at hand 😁 if i cut the parralel connections to remove a row and take the precautions suggested in previous posts i should b ok ? discharge to 2.8, popsicle stick under nickel strips to protect from shorting out, cuts strips. should be ok ? thanks.

Back