Power tool batteries. Better setup?

TheSiege

100 W
The hub motor is 55V 500w and 350w Lyric scooter. I cant decide if I should use EGO batteries (56v) either stand alone or in parallel or if I should use 3 Milwaukee M18 18v batteries in series (54v).

I have both, I really just cant decided which would be better. I will be 3D printing the mounts I found on Thingverse. I have plenty of batteries for either setup. And wiring and whatnot isnt an issue. Thoughts?

AH arent an issue, I can have 5 or 10 with the EGO or 6 or 9 or 12 with the Milwaukee. I believe the continuous discharge is roughly the same. 20A. The ego for sure is 20. I have read various things on the Milwaukee but I believe 15a is the minimum discharge without underselling it

Well it would be 2 5ah batteries in Parallel. I am an electrician, so wiring more or less isnt an issue. I am just not the smartest when it comes to batteries and their capabilities. So design is my biggest issue.

little more speed vs bit more range

which more secure mounting, connection under shock / vibration?

which sets are more evenly matched, closer to new?

Yes how new are the two ego to each other ? Need to charge to same voltage. Or iif one charger is of higher voltage charhe each one on its own charget to put the lower charge battery on rated charger. Or if just one ego make sure of same voltage before connecting. If you charge one and set aside the bms or cell leakage may bring one pack down win of the charger.

Back