So I flubbed up and accidentally ordered a 36v battery for one of my 48v TSDZ2. Best thing to do in this situation?

Aquakitty

100 W
Hi,

I made an order from my supplier and accidentally ordered a 36v battery (lithium-ion). I have TSDZ2 motors with 48v controllers. I only have 48v chargers at the moment.

I assume all I can do is either change the controller in the motor or get a new motor, or get a new battery? I previously tried a motor on a 40v drill battery and it had no power at all, like maybe below cutoff?

oopsie

a good supplier will work with you exchanging, but you gonna at least eat return shipping

worst case sell here, eBay or CL

If you are a tech geek....you could reprogram the software voltage limits on your motor controller to allow the 36v pack to work.
There is a looooong thread on how to do that in the “Non hub motor” section.
BUT the lower voltage will mean less performance..power, speed and range.
Personally , i would buy the correct 48v battery and sell the 36 v if the supplier wont accept a return.

Hillhater said:
If you are a tech geek....you could reprogram the software voltage limits on your motor controller to allow the 36v pack to work.
There is a looooong thread on how to do that in the “Non hub motor” section.
BUT the lower voltage will mean less performance..power, speed and range.
Personally , i would buy the correct 48v battery and sell the 36 v if the supplier wont accept a return.

Yea, I am sure they would take it back but I got a pretty good price on the battery so really the shipping might cost more than the battery is worth. I'd make money reselling it probably. I actually bought the cable to reprogram my motors but I didn't realize I could change the voltage. That is something to think about! Why didn't I think of that. :thumb: Is that the same as the Github flashing process?

Probably just going to sell it though or maybe I could just reprogram it temporarily until my next battery comes. 48v is the sweet spot for me.

You could use a high power boost converter to step voltage up from 36 to 48V...
But you'd loose a bit of efficiency in the conversion.

Matador

Back