Questions about importing from China to US

Shunt

100 mW
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this question , but I'm wanting to order from Queen Battery to the US and I was wondering if anyone here has purchased batteries from them in the past few months . If so , should I expect to pay entry fees and such ? I saw that you can avoid duty fees if the value is under $800 USD , but are there other fees to be concerned about? I was quoted $88 USD shipping (tax free) via FedEx from QB , but I don't want to get blasted unexpectedly with a few hundred dollars in entry fees and other similar charges .

Pretty sure we'd start hearing reports here very shortly after that started happening.

So not started **yet**.

Of course there will be a group that gets caught by surprise.

I have not purchased from Queen this year but previously the answer was no. Are you buying batteries from Queen ...and if so which ones if I may ask?

After reading what I posted , I think maybe my wording implied the possibility of some issue with QB not being upfront about charges , which I didn't mean to imply at all. I should have left their name out of the post and focused on the actual subject. What I meant was , if I order from any Chinese vendor to the United States , and they are using Fed EX , are all the customs related charges part of the shipping fee they quote? I've never imported anything and I just don't want to be surprised with a big bill I wasn't expecting . Like entry fees or tariffs ; something like that.

Headrc said:
I have not purchased from Queen this year but previously the answer was no. Are you buying batteries from Queen ...and if so which ones if I may ask?

The QB26800 . If the spec sheet is inline with reality , I have to try them in a pack .

Shunt said:
if I order from any Chinese vendor to the United States , and they are using Fed EX , are all the customs related charges part of the shipping fee they quote?
No, no vendor can predict customs fees, they are currently very much in flux, and always the responsibility of the importer, which in these cases is the buyer.

Currently people are not reporting any, so be happy.

But that is IMO likely to be changing sooner rather than later.

For individual consumers, will maybe be almost random for the next few years, if any are charged it will always be unpredictable.

So if you really want to be conservative, budget for a possible 25-30%.

Be grateful these vendors bother helping with shipping at all, the norm is the buyer has to make all those arrangements.

john61ct said:
Shunt said:
if I order from any Chinese vendor to the United States , and they are using Fed EX , are all the customs related charges part of the shipping fee they quote?
No, no vendor can predict customs fees, they are currently very much in flux, and always the responsibility of the importer, which in these cases is the buyer.

Currently people are not reporting any, so be happy.

But that is IMO likely to be changing sooner rather than later.

For individual consumers, will maybe be almost random for the next few years, if any are charged it will always be unpredictable.

So if you really want to be conservative, budget for a possible 25-30%.

Be grateful these vendors bother helping with shipping at all, the norm is the buyer has to make all those arrangements.

:thumb: Thanks for the insight. I have 0 experience with importing anything and wasn't sure about any of it. I would be totally fine with 25%-30% if that's what it ended up being.

999zip999 said:
Yes if as advertise 3p 90amp . they have ready made 3p 1s how much ? I wish 4p. Let us know how it works out.

I'm going to make my own rack mounted brick . Probably 14s5p for a little cargo bike to tote crap around a small campus . It will be overkill for the application , but I like breathing room .

I just got a completed$300 battery from UnitPackPower (UPP) from CHina to Illinois. In spite of what I hear about tariffs, there were no extra customs fees assessed. Maybe doesn't apply for something small? It was properly labelled as a lithium battery.

docw009 said:
I just got a completed$300 battery from UnitPackPower (UPP) from CHina to Illinois. In spite of what I hear about tariffs, there were no extra customs fees assessed. Maybe doesn't apply for something small? It was properly labelled as a lithium battery.

That is great news to hear. THANK YOU.

999zip999 said:
There is a usa supplier IMR battery in Texas I have not brought from them but prices seam good.

They do have good prices. I almost bought a ton of those "OEM" cells they had for $1.99 a piece and procrastinated for a couple days. Now they're long gone and replaced with the actual Molicel for over $5 each. Same battery from what I understand.

Back