Paralell charging with a split coax Male to 2 Female 5.5 * 2.1 mm DC

Lausse

10 µW
Hello folks - got two Sanyo/Panasonic Li-Ion Battery 36V 17Ah and will parallel charge them with one Li-ion Battery Charger with 42V 4A output - but I’m not finding any split cable for 42V(or at least 36V) 4A. :confused: Most are 12V 2A(or 3A). Anyone know where to find?

Alternative to something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/aceyoon-Splitter-Female-Extension-compatible-30cm-DC-Cable-3/dp/B07PPQLRW3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=5.5mm+2.1mm+splitter+4A&qid=1566061910&s=electronics&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExOTEzV1VURUxRRlowJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDQwMDI0NlVWTkdESFo0OExMJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1NjkyNjUxWjNTS0VJOVZMSEFRJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

cables don't have voltage ratings until extremely high, all these DC are just low voltage

amps current capacity is what is important, you don't want wire getting overheated

those you linked to are good for maybe 4-6A IMO

but longer distances fo thicker to reduce voltage drop

Andersons are a **much** better connector, buy a decent crimper make your own connector cables

Thanx a lot! U got any links to Andersons connector?

I did choose the type of connector after whats on the charger now. That way I can use it as it is for one battery without connector aswell.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Anderson+connector

best to standardize on Anderson, then make pigtails, adapters to they other, lower capacity types.

You can of course do the parallel charging, but if it were me, I would just get a 2nd charger. These chargers can fail over time and having a spare means you won't be left high and dry scrambling to get one.

Yes geta second charger and charge them both at once. I disconnect the pos from controller first. I always unplug the pos.when not in use.

I actually got 3 chargers already - this was to cut off some weight/space during longer camping rides where its just good if the charging takes longer time during the night anyways. :wink:

Back