52V to 60V — Is it a noticeable difference?

Vash

100 µW
Hey,

I currently have a 52V electric scooter and I was wondering,
If I decide to replace the battery and the two controllers to a 60V ones , would there be a significant change in momentum and speed? Or is it not that noticeable, because it’s pretty expensive the parts and the battery.

Thank you to whoever decides to help out!

My scooter Model:

FLJ T11 2400W 52V

https://electric-scooter.shop/product/t11-11inch-off-road-electric-scooter-60v-2400w-65km-h/

Going from 52 to 60 should result in a about a 10-15% boost to top speed and similar improvements in mid-range acceleration.

If your old batteries are worn out and you are looking to upgrade then it may be worth it. Especially if you upgrade the controllers to ones that support 'field weakening' and other such more desirable features.. if your existing controllers are pretty basic.

add 3-6mph to top speed

nothing noticeable to torque unless discharge rate is improved

lower range from going faster

Plus you need to switch to a whole new class of components. Most controllers are laid out for 60V max; 16s fully loaded is 67.2V...

If you are planning ahead and buy a controller that can handle say double your current voltage

is there a downside to that, other than cost?

john61ct said:
If you are planning ahead and buy a controller that can handle say double your current voltage

Right now when my 52V battery scooter if fully charged it is at 60.6V,
So if I switch to a 60V battery when it’s fully charged it will be 67.2, I’m not sure it’s worth the upgrade.

Hi Vash,

Nice to meet you, you are the first person I meet with a FLJ scooter haha, I have one also.. I mean 2 :) Both are 60v 2x2800w. First scooter 60v42ah Powerpack. Second scooter 60v 46Ah Panasonic. My model is a little higher, but very simular.

Because you have the 2500W version, your controllers are the JP 25A controllers. You can buy on AliExpress the JP 37A controllers, made for your vehicle and finger throttle /display thingy.. I believe about 130euro for 2.

When my battery is charged, it is about 67.2v. At 60v it is getting empty.
I had the same thoughts as you, my batterypack almost always 67v, I try everything 72v. But I believe it doesn't work that way.
Many wiring and devices on the bike state they are 60v, things you mifht not think of, like the claxon, your lights, your usb charger on the steering wheel, etc. With 67v all is still ok, but with 72v, I might smell some burning plastic ;)

I played a lot with controllers, throttles and engines on the first one, can tell you a lot about it.
But please do not tell Miss Mandy from FLJ I do all this testing hahaha. She knows, and it is good money for them.. Already blew 2 motors, 2 controllers and everytime the flj jp throttle display blow, it functions as a shunt.

The newest trend is my battery problems though. Both batteries broke in 1 week, but no one to blame but me;)

If you want some real speed, you should not go with FLJ JP controllers, but then you will not be able to use your JP throttle display anymore. That is what I did.. Different controllers, normal throttle.

Have to go now,

Greetings Bas

Edit: I enclosed some pictures, with mine you can also shoot ;)

Attachments

• 20190904_210548-2016x980.jpg
    20190904_210548-2016x980.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 4,954
  • 20190904_211216-980x2016.jpg
    20190904_211216-980x2016.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 4,951
  • 20190904_211516-2016x980.jpg
    20190904_211516-2016x980.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 4,951
Bas said:
Hi Vash,

Nice to meet you, you are the first person I meet with a FLJ scooter haha, I have one also.. I mean 2 :) Both are 60v 2x2800w. First scooter 60v42ah Powerpack. Second scooter 60v 46Ah Panasonic. My model is a little higher, but very simular.

Because you have the 2500W version, your controllers are the JP 25A controllers. You can buy on AliExpress the JP 37A controllers, made for your vehicle and finger throttle /display thingy.. I believe about 130euro for 2.

When my battery is charged, it is about 67.2v. At 60v it is getting empty.
I had the same thoughts as you, my batterypack almost always 67v, I try everything 72v. But I believe it doesn't work that way.
Many wiring and devices on the bike state they are 60v, things you mifht not think of, like the claxon, your lights, your usb charger on the steering wheel, etc. With 67v all is still ok, but with 72v, I might smell some burning plastic ;)

I played a lot with controllers, throttles and engines on the first one, can tell you a lot about it.
But please do not tell Miss Mandy from FLJ I do all this testing hahaha. She knows, and it is good money for them.. Already blew 2 motors, 2 controllers and everytime the flj jp throttle display blow, it functions as a shunt.

The newest trend is my battery problems though. Both batteries broke in 1 week, but no one to blame but me;)

If you want some real speed, you should not go with FLJ JP controllers, but then you will not be able to use your JP throttle display anymore. That is what I did.. Different controllers, normal throttle.

Have to go now,

Greetings Bas

Edit: I enclosed some pictures, with mine you can also shoot ;)

Wow lol, you’ve got two monsters, can you please tell me where to get the controllers you suggest? And throttle? Because jps controllers are not that good!

Hi Vash,

Here you can see the controllers that work with your throttle.
€ 72,31 10%OFF | JP 60V 25A 37A Electric Scooter Controller Electric Board for 60V dual motor electric scooter usefor FLJ scooter
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/s7r0Fapi
Any other controller will not work with your display. No use to try, I promise you I tried everything possible. The controllers will only work with the Jp throttle, and the other way around also.

So it means you have to replace both throttle /display, and your controllers.

I AliExpress very cheap, you can buy a very nice throttle with keyignition(With different controllers you can have both the alarm and a keyignition). 1 controller the alarm and 1 controller the keyignition, that is the way I have it.
Throttle, nice one, with key and display, for about 20euro.
Controllers for about 100euro per piece. Have a look choose something nice, post here, I will tell you if it will work with your FLJ.

Do you know Miss Mandy, sugarsweet she is.. Hahahaha

Bas said:
Hi Vash,

Here you can see the controllers that work with your throttle.
€ 72,31 10%OFF | JP 60V 25A 37A Electric Scooter Controller Electric Board for 60V dual motor electric scooter usefor FLJ scooter
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/s7r0Fapi
Any other controller will not work with your display. No use to try, I promise you I tried everything possible. The controllers will only work with the Jp throttle, and the other way around also.

So it means you have to replace both throttle /display, and your controllers.

I AliExpress very cheap, you can buy a very nice throttle with keyignition(With different controllers you can have both the alarm and a keyignition). 1 controller the alarm and 1 controller the keyignition, that is the way I have it.
Throttle, nice one, with key and display, for about 20euro.
Controllers for about 100euro per piece. Have a look choose something nice, post here, I will tell you if it will work with your FLJ.

Do you know Miss Mandy, sugarsweet she is.. Hahahaha

Yes Mandy is nice I know her haha , can you send me link to controllers like yours? Not flj, my battery is 25Ah remember that

My engines are stronger, also my battery. I use a Kelly KLS6035s 200A controller for the back wheel and a 80A controller for the fromtwheel. The Kelly I had to set on about 1/3 of the max current, because my battery BMS could not hold it. Still had quite some fun with it, before the BMS really broke. I made the dutch news with it hahaha In my enthousiasme I did not see a speedcam which took a foto of my IronMan helmet passing the speedcam with 95km/h.. Because the bike has no licence plate or any type of identification, they could not find this IronMan hahaha
'UFO passes speedcam', it headed..

Your controllers.. My setup is a very expensive and not needed setup. You can reach the same with a much cheaper setup.
I have 2x2800w engines, you 2x1200w. Also your controllers need to be compact, if you want to fit them inside the controller cases..
2x this controller would give your scooter a very nice boost. This ones are cheap, but quality is very well, I have 1 also: € 36,98 | Scooter Accessories 60V 2500W 38A 18Mosfet e bike brushless controller electric bike motor bldc controller
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/KPCB0da0

Rrally nice for you, because of size and power, would be the YKZ7240HN.. And then 2 of them :eek: :eek: A lilltle more expensive, about 100euro each, with very nice bluetooth app. In aop you can change max speed, torque, etc. You can even use it as lock. Lock the controller via app. When you come close open the controller via the app so you can drive..
Cannot find a link of it right now..

Greetings Bas

A nice throttle to go with it: € 24,96 | twist throttle rolling handlebar for electric bike scooter tricycle MTB 36v48v60v with lock/key/cruise&speed battery indicator
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/BIuZkN6o

Or funny thumb throttle.. Turn it upside down and then you have a "pointing finger" throttle: € 4,50 20%OFF | 24V/36V/48V/60V/72V Thumb Right Grip Throttle Electric Bycicle Accelerator Scooter Speed-Up Ebike Spare Parts Without Handlebar
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ks5S5rFa

One nice thing about 52V battery packs, they can power "48V nominal" inverters, which typically have a 60V max input. (14S at 4.2V per cell is 58.8V, and I recommend all batteries be charged to 4.1V which would be 57V for 14S)

I'd really appreciate it, if someone who knows the answer to this, could answer even if just a sentence or two.

Say I bought an up-to 120V controller for use with a 52V nominal bank, say a 3k or 5k motor if that makes a difference. 20mph, only need torque not speed to start.
john61ct said:

Hello! Nice to meet you all, you are the first people I found online, talking about the FLJ scooters, so I thought I'd join since I own one. Mine is also a 2400W dual motor. Vash, may I ask if you don't mind:
1) What is your P2 value? The manual they sent me (for controller settings) writes 16 but my scooter is set to 10. Could you please check yours and tell me what it is, cause I'm a bit worried about my motors burning out with the wrong setting...
2) I have some serious issues with the electric (regen ?) brakes. When I bare touch the brake lever, the electric brake is so hard that I have to put my weight back and hold very strong in order for me not to fly above the steering wheel...I mean it almost cannot be driven as it is. I played with the P9 setting but it was not improved at all...What should I do? :?
Thank you guys and have fun!

Better to start your own well-titled thread, keep this one on topic.

Could then link to it in a quoted reply or PM to get Vash's attention

Back