upgrade battery for this bike? Possible?

why not just get the battery re-celled with proper stuff for more capacity? 9Ah is pretty anemic to say the least and recelling is probably cheaper then buying a unknown battery from aliexpress.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Recelling, hmmm, I don't think I know how to do that :)

Newboy said:
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Recelling, hmmm, I don't think I know how to do that :)

i do, and plenty of companies in holland that also offer recelling. some better then others so dont focus on price alone.

I agree with Flippy. Another alternative would be to simply ask the seller about a battery upgrade.

I asked about an upgrade battery and got a simple no. I'll look in to that re-celling.
I am from Belgium but I guess I'll we'll have those services here too.

999zip999 said:
Many many ebikes on the market find the one that better fits your needs out of the box. 15ah or more.

The store on ALiexpress they would fit and work. Do you think so too? Looks like exactly the same type to my untrained eye.

Personally I would at least ask some folks in Europe what it would cost to recell the battery that comes with the bike. I would bet you stand a better chance of having a much better battery than sourcing yet another Chinese battery with who knows what kind of cells and current design they have built into the battery. You would also know for sure it would fit and work with the bike. There are folks on this forum as Flippy said that do that kind of work and have experience of what makes a good battery. Custom made by a professional has always proven to be superior in anything I have bought in my life.

About the question looks can fool as the catch or lock or slide may be different or the electrical connector any one of those may make the product not work. So buy what you want ebike 250watt 36v 17ah or better complete. One product. No guessing. Good luck
Make sure they use good battery cells that you know are good name brand and model cells in the battery that would be the most important thing. Some no name Chinese junk cell made for a laptop and not for a vehicle

999zip999 said:
Have you purchase this bike yet ? The link said they're sold out.

The bike is sold elsewhere. I pointed to the manufacturer's website.

In terms of fitting the Aliexpress vendor, with great reviews, said: "hello dear, how are you, yes this is battery fit on the bike"
But I notice the bike has the old battery base (4 pins) and on aliexpress they sell the new battery base (5 pins) and it is clear the battery mount has a custom built in controller for the motor. See picture attached. That's asking for trouble it seems.control.jpg

Asking about those currents and compatiblity the vendor said: "as long as the controller's maximum current is smaller than BMS"
Is that true? I was expecting more like a 2:1 ratio?

I have contacted a company that might offer recelling as well... as an option.

Why buy a bike with to small a battery when other vendors sell a complete ebike ready to go when you buy it. And ready to ride. Buy the bike you complete with no monkey business. Do look around first as there are many different 100 plus ebikes for sale

Something better than buying another ready to go ebike is to buy a nice used bicycle and convert it yourself to an ebike. Sure riding an ebike is great, but riding one you built yourself is a big step up in satisfaction. It's really quite easy, and you can quite easily and cheaply build something better than you can buy. For the first time in history, anyone can easily build their own machine for primary transportation, and what you'll learn in the process will make you able to see through the smoke and mirrors of the sales pitch for more advanced electric transportation. If everyone knew all the basics learned with a DIY ebike build, the world's changeover to EVs for basic transport would be much more rapid, and the car companies would work more toward EVs that make more sense instead of just more expensive electric versions of the same resource wasteful smoke machines they've been talking us into for decades.

You have not yet even purchased the unit and already you are having serious compatibility issues with necessary replacement parts.

Find a solid surface nearby and park your behind on it and think about this concept for a while.

You also appear to be willing to accept the word of an Alibaba salesman that his product is suitable for your needs. That is, just ............ HELLACIOUSLY unwise.

There is a thread right now with a similar issue and he had to pay someone to rewire the battery to make it suitable. Controller paired with the battery. Similar issue with extra pins. Did not work before the rewiring.

Battery should have just positive and negative outputs, standard connectors.

Controller and motor should be matched, battery just needs to be suitable and have the above standard connectors.

Mount appears to be included with the battery but the charger is NOT. Existing charger may be compatible with larger battery, but it also may not. Likely is Ok on charge rate, but likely not on the charge port.

So you are looking at buying a bike, with a battery and a charger, and another battery, and another charger, plus some skilled labor. Suggest buying the correct, needed, expensive parts, just once.

Back