20S21P pack build

artvk

100 mW
Hi guys,

I would like to check my understanding for connecting balance wire for my pack.
I going to build 20s21p for my project. I have divide into 4 modules , each 5s21p as this will be easier to do the balance wire.
I will not use BMS, as I use new quality cells, but I would like to wire balance wire and use cell balancer such as celllog (discontinued:( ) or Battery GO after bulk charge.
Im I right about the balance wire config in attached photo ? Thanks in advance and welcome all comments :)

Attachments

• batterymodule-3.jpg
    batterymodule-3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 446
Simply put, if you are confused about where to put the balance wires you should not assemble your own pack.

flat tire said:
Simply put, if you are confused about where to put the balance wires you should not assemble your own pack.

What he said.

And not using a bms for a battery this size is stupid. A good one is less then 100 bucks and can save your battery.
The "is all new cells" argument is flawed, dumb and should not be repeated by people who dont know what they are talking about. It should remain in "dont do this when building a battery" section of any guide.

flippy said:
flat tire said:

What he said.

And not using a bms for a battery this size is stupid. A good one is less then 100 bucks and can save your battery.
The "is all new cells" argument is flawed, dumb and should not be repeated by people who dont know what they are talking about. It should remain in "dont do this when building a battery" section of any guide.

Thank you for remind me. I planning to run it with 400Amp peak. Do you have any BMS recommend for this application ?

I have questions also since i couldn't find much information when it came to building a pack with multiple layers either

Do you need to have a ground from each seperate layer going to the bms or just the ground that is from under the +1?

artvk said:
Thank you for remind me. I planning to run it with 400Amp peak. Do you have any BMS recommend for this application ?

check the bluetooth bms thread for the 32S 300A bms. it can be easty upgraded to 1000A if you replace the mostfets with real ones and make a dedicated -P output.

Back