Lithium variable voltage charger needed to 62v

flatout71

1 µW
Looking for a quality lithium carver for my lithium golf cart pack. Need to charge to 62v. Prefer a voltage selectable unit. Thought about the Chargery 1500w model. But some poor Chargery comments have me questioning this option. Thx

Thx John. I saw this brand mentioned in some other posts. I did just confirm that you can select custom charging profiles which is what I need to do. I think I may give this one a try.

Interesting. By stacking do two units works at once does this mean each with its owned leads to the battery pack charging at the same time , so is their an option to parallel the units somehow into on lead to the batteries ? Thx

Yes I mean in parallel.

Wire up a pigtail adapter to suit whatever style connectors you're using.

My preference is Andersons, Powerwerx makes good fused parallel boards.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32700364875.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.9d261819AIDUla&algo_pvid=7cf8aa7e-2187-46d4-8b6f-ea49405f4c89&algo_expid=7cf8aa7e-2187-46d4-8b6f-ea49405f4c89-40&btsid=40a84bfb-92d8-44fb-825f-a486862a5670&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_53

This might not be what you are looking for, but i thought i would mention it. The cons are the fan is loud, its a boost converter so dc-dc only and power source must be a lower voltage than the battery, and it always defaults to setting 0.

On the positive side: its only $30 not $300 and you can set voltage, set amps, set profiles, set charge time, set source voltage cutoff. I use it as a regular charger with a laptop brick, as a go between with a hoverboard pack, and even a cigarette lighter port charger.

That is a very useful looking unit, if it does what is claimed.
The issues reported in online reviews seem to be related to the MPPT input from solar, so using it as a charger from a DCpower source input, should avoid those problems.
Whilst i have an adjustable charger for 20-90 volts, it is a MM job to set it, so it would be Handy to have a easily switchable voltage charger with the associated controls and display options..at a sensible price.

valueseek said:
This might not be what you are looking for, but i thought i would mention it. The cons are the fan is loud, its a boost converter so dc-dc only and power source must be a lower voltage than the battery, and it always defaults to setting 0.
I have used this. It sucks. It's unstable and often will ramp up power, hit some sort of fault, and shut down. Programming is tedious and non-intuitive. Save your money.

flatout71 said:
Looking for a quality lithium carver for my lithium golf cart pack. Need to charge to 62v. Prefer a voltage selectable unit. Thought about the Chargery 1500w model. But some poor Chargery comments have me questioning this option. Thx

you need to give actual specs. do you want only voltage or also amps to be controlled? of so: what kind of range in voltage/amps do you seek?
in case of a golf cart: would you not rather have a "set and forget" charger so you only have to plug it in and build it into the cart itself and make it idiot proof? with a saturator you can murder a pack if you set it wrong.

Back