36v DC to 240v AC(uk)

athletic91 said:
a suitable dc to av adaptor (240v uk plug)
What does av mean?

Do you mean an inverter?

That accepts 36V?

What are you trying to accomplish? Feeding power to what kind of device?

i would consider breaking the packs apart and build 1 big 48v pack and get a inverter for that.

36v inverters dont exist or are at leat very rare

24V even more common

but there are 36V ones out there

https://www.google.com/search?q=36V+240V+inverter

But a lot depends on what OP is trying to accomplish, feeding specifically what loads, for how long, and why.

i built a couple batteries for 24v and even a 3kW inverter.
the amps and voltage drops are just nuts 300A+ for a 3kW inverter at 12V, 150A for 24V and just 75A at 48V.
its also considerably more effcient to have 48v just in usable battery capacity as the sag is much more controllable under load so you can use more of the battery. its also perfect for a 14S battery.

Whatever inverter you end up with, you'll probably need to install your own XT-60 connector on it. Not likely to get a truly plug and play solution here.

You could use a computer UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). you will have to find one that needs three 12v batteries and has an offline mode so that you can start it without having 240v AC. i use one on my solar battery bank. i had to google each model i found on ebay to find the manuals and see how many batteries it took. you will probably find they are quite big by the time they get to using 36v. probably 1500-3000VA.

UPS batteries are not designed for deep cycling.

The electronics can be repurposed but most don't want to mess with that.

Back