Nkon not shipping outside EU?

lionman

100 W
I noticed that there are no longer any shipping options for Liion cells on the ru.nkon.nl site that work.

Is this a temporary issue or have they given up navigating the wonderful world of shipping lithium by air?

Well that sucks. I got a similar response from them too

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately we don't ship to Australia anymore because of the changes in regulations concerning shipping of lithium batteries.
We apologize for the inconvenience!

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groeten,
Anna Unanian
NKON

You can still organise a large batch by sea freight but yeah, my order bumped around europe before going missing altogether. I'm sure it took a lot more of my time and effort than the vendors to chase up.. before applying for a refund.

It would be nice if batteries were stocked in local warehouses for sale and ground shipping at reasonable prices by, for example, Hobby King.

At the moment it seems that buying batteries from an at least "fairly reliable" source costs the home builder about the same as buying a completed pack containing the same number of cells.

Thats unfortunate.
I'm not looking forward to paying USA-source prices for cells. :-(
Hoping my 6-month old NKON-cell pack lasts long enough that when I need cells I will have a source like NKON to get them from.
Maybe I'll store my good NKON-cell pack and use my old faithful LIPO pack until it dies?

PS: Invested in a nice spot-welder.....if I cant buy cheap cells I will be selling it. :-(

Not to worry..
All the “experts” keep saying we will be overrun with EVs and huge battery factories within a year or two, ...with batteries of double the energy density and prices will br “cheaper than sand in Saudi” ! :shock:
Cells will be 10 for a dolla’ at 7-11 stores everywhere !! :roll:

Back