Ebike charging connector

aug2018

1 µW
hey! i need help please help me. i have an 5000w ebike when i tried to plug the charger to this round black thing a little explosion happened after that i connected it anyway but it didnt charge. then i took my keys and started rubbing on the 2 metal teeths and it got a little bigger explosion and its 2 Metal teeth melted away and i need to replace this cable because i cant charge the ebike without it but the ebike works fine. this cable is connected to 2 cables that goes into the battery for charging it have been looking for help in 3 weeks now pls someone help ! thanks!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• EBIKE.jpg
    EBIKE.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 469
  • ebik.jpg
    ebik.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 469
So... You have a 5000w ebike, and you stuck your KEYS into the charging port?...????????? Were you drunk at the time, suffered a recent severe head injury, or had a stroke? For what Possible reason would you do such a thing?

Well, first, you are going to need to find somebody who is not an idiot. Now, it APPEARS, though is not certain, that the charging connector is designed to make it impossible to insert wrong. If it is not, you MOST DEFINITELY need one. If it IS so designed, then it is wired incorrectly and the polarity is reversed. I will make an educated guess that this is the very first time you have attempted to charge using this adapter. The battery should be thoroughly inspected for damaged and possibly dangerous connections internally.

There is good odds that your charger and BMS are both damaged or destroyed. Assuming you have a battery sufficient to power a 5KW ebike, you are lucky to be alive, although perhaps you should consider not having any children.

AngryBob said:
So... You have a 5000w ebike, and you stuck your KEYS into the charging port?...????????? Were you drunk at the time, suffered a recent severe head injury, or had a stroke? For what Possible reason would you do such a thing?

Well, first, you are going to need to find somebody who is not an idiot. Now, it APPEARS, though is not certain, that the charging connector is designed to make it impossible to insert wrong. If it is not, you MOST DEFINITELY need one. If it IS so designed, then it is wired incorrectly and the polarity is reversed. I will make an educated guess that this is the very first time you have attempted to charge using this adapter. The battery should be thoroughly inspected for damaged and possibly dangerous connections internally.

There is good odds that your charger and BMS are both damaged or destroyed. Assuming you have a battery sufficient to power a 5KW ebike, you are lucky to be alive, although perhaps you should consider not having any children.

I agree :shock: .........

Back